- SAM3U4E (FOC: 1841665 NOC: 68T3395) QFP chip with optional socket footprint
- 12 MHz crystal
- 32.768 KHz crystal
- Optional SMB connector, for external system clock input
- NAND Flash
- Backup Battery
- 2.8 inch TFT color LCD display with touch-panel and backlight
- UART port with level shifter IC
- USART port with level shifter IC
- Audio codec with input and output jacks: stereo headphone out, stereo line in, mono microphone in
- SD/MMC interface
- 3D accelerometer sensor
- Temperature sensor J
- TAG port
- On-board power regulation with shutdown control (by the SAM3 chip)
- BNC connectors for ADC input
- User potentiometer connected to the ADC input
- ZigBee® connector
The Atmel’s ATSAM3U-EK (FOC: 1716045 NOC: 15R0277) Evaluation kit lets designers quickly evaluate and develop code for applications running on Atmel SAM3U(FOC: 1841661 NOC: 68T3387 ) microcontrollers.The Atmel® SAM3U is the industry’s first ARM® Cortex™ M3 Flash microcontroller with on-chip high speed USB Device-and-Transceiver, SDIO/SDCard/MMC and SPI interfaces. This connectivity, together with the SAM3U’s 96 MHz/1.25 DMIPS/MHz operating frequency, makes the SAM3U(FOC: 1841661 NOC: 68T3387 ) the unique Cortex M3 device suited to applications with intensive communications requirements, such high speed gateways in industrial, medical, data processing and consumer applications.
For rapid evaluation and code development, industry-leading third parties provide a full range of dev tools, RTOS, middleware and support services to reduce time-to-market to a minimum.
The SAM3U(FOC: 1841661 NOC: 68T3387 ) is the first Cortex M3 microcontroller with high-speed USB and an integrated transceiver for fast up/downloading of data, robust EMI tolerance, and plug-and-play high-speed serial interconnectivity.
The SAM3U is touch-ready, offering native support for Atmel QTouch® technology for easy implementation of buttons, sliders and wheels in your application. It Features a 96 MHz maximum operating frequency and a high data-bandwidth architecture based on a 5-layer bus matrix with 22 DMA channels and distributed memory. Dual-Bank Flash Provides safe in-application programming (IAP) including the boot program. Memory Protection Unit Improves code protection and secures multi-application/task execution.
Key Applications: Home Entertainment, Industrial Automation and Mobile Electronics.
- SAM3U-EK (FOC: 1716045 NOC: 15R0277) board
- Power supply
- Universal input AC/DC power supply with US, Europe and UK plug adapters
- One 3V Lithium Battery type CR1225(FOC: 4199091 NOC: 36J9419 )
- One USB cable
- One serial RS232 cable