The Atmel's AT91SAM9260-EK evaluation kit enables the evaluation of and code development for applications running on 32-bit ARM® Thumb® based AT91SAM9260 device. The board supports the AT91SAM9260 in an LFBGA217 package as well as in a PQFP208 package.
The SAM9260 is a 210MHz ARM926-based processor with an extensive range of communication peripherals. It embeds FS USB host and device interfaces, a 10/100 Ethernet MAC and an image sensor interface, as well as standard peripherals such as a Multimedia Card Interface (MCI), I2S, USARTs, master/slave SPIs, 16-bit Timers, a TWI and four-channel 10-bit ADC. The external bus interface features controllers for SDRAM and static memories including NAND flash and CompactFlash.
The SAM9260 is based on the integration of an ARM926EJ-S ARM Thumb processor with 8 KBytes Data Cache, 8 KBytes Instruction Cache, MMU, with memories such as 32-bit External Bus Interface supporting 4-bank SDRAM/LPSDR, Static Memories, CompactFlash, SLC NAND Flash with ECC, two 4-kbyte internal SRAM, single-cycle access at system speed, one 32-kbyte internal ROM, embedding bootstrap routine and a wide range of peripherals.
The SAM9260 embeds an 10/100 Mbps Ethernet MAC Controller, one USB Device Port, and a USB Host controller. It also integrates several standard peripherals, such as four USARTs, two UARTs, two Master/Slave serial peripheral interfaces, one two-wire Interface, two three-channel 32-bit Timer/Counters, synchronous serial controller, 4-channel 10-bit ADC and MultiMedia Card Interface.
The SAM9260 is architectured on a 6-layer matrix, allowing a maximum internal bandwidth of six 32-bit buses. It also features an External Bus Interface capable of interfacing with a wide range of memory devices.
Key Applications: Building Automation (Comfort and Control, Fire and Security, Telecare), Home Entertainment(Audio).
- 64 Mbytes of SDRAM memory
- 256 Mbytes of NANDFlash memory
- One Atmel® serial DataFlash®
- One Atmel TWI serial EEPROM
- One USB device port interface
- Two USB Host port interfaces
- One DBGU serial communication port
- One complete MODEM serial communication port
- One additional serial communication port with RTS/CTS handshake control
- One PHY Ethernet 100-base TX with three status LEDs
- One DataFlash, SD/MMC card slot
- JTAG/ICE debug interface
- One Atmel AT73C213 Audio DAC
- An AT91SAM9260-EK board
- Universal input AC/DC power supply with US and Europe plug adapter
- One A/B-type USB cable
- One serial RS232 cable
- One RJ45 crossed Ethernet cable
- One CD-ROM that allows the user to begin evaluating the AT91 ARM® Thumb® 32-bit microcontroller quickly.