The Microchip's DM330011 MPLAB Starter Kit for dsPIC Digital Signal Controllers is a complete hardware and software tool suite for exploring applications based upon Microchip’s dsPIC DSCs. With a built-in debugger on the board, simply install the software and connect the USB cable to the PC. Start up MPLAB IDE and you are in full control, able to run the sample programs, and to download and test your own applications.
The board is designed with dsPIC DSC with 256 KB of flash memory, a high-fidelity audio codec, microphone input and headphone/speaker outputs, and is powered from the USB connection to the PC. Also on the board are reconfigurable switches, potentiometers, a temperature sensor and a 4 Mb serial EEPROM to store data such as audio samples.
The Microchip's DM330011 MPLAB Starter Kit for dsPIC Digital Signal Controllers connects directly to a USB port on a computer. The PC USB connection supplies communications and power to the board. The starter kit includes debug and programmer circuitry that allows applications to be programmed onto the board’s dsPIC33FJ256GP506 device and then debugged, all using MPLAB IDE.
Audio input signals from an external microphone or audio equipment are routed to the ADC module in the on-board dsPIC33FJ256GP506 device for software processing. Alternatively, applications can use the audio codec for converting the audio signal.
The Output signals can be generated by the dsPIC33FJ256GP506 device’s Output Compare module as a pulse-width modulated digital waveform. This pulse-width modulated signal is converted to an analog signal by a low-pass filter on the starter kit board. Alternatively, applications can output audio data using the audio codec. The output audio signal is then amplified using a headphone amplifier circuit for playback on an output device.
Key Applications: High-Quality Audio applications.
- Board includes integrated debugger / programmer
- USB powered
- dsPIC33FJ256GP506 DSC with 256 KB Flash and 16 KB RAM
- CPU Speed 40 MIPS
- Two 40-bit accumulators
- 8-channel hardware Direct Memory Access (DMA)
- Interrupt Controller
- Digital I/O
- Communication Modules: 3-wire SPI, I2C, UART, Data Converter Interface (DCI) module, Enhanced CAN
- Enhanced CAN (ECAN™ module) 2.0B active (up to 2 modules)
- Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs) Up to two ADC modules in a device
- Low-power, high-speed Flash technology
- Fully static design
- 3.3V (±10%) operating voltage
- Industrial temperature
- Low-power consumption
- 16/24/32 bit codec with a maximum sampling frequency of 48KHz
- Low cost audio capture and play back circuitry using the 12 bit ADC and PWM Audio
- Microphone and line level inputs with adjustable input gain
- 100mW headphone amplifier with digital volume control
- 2 switches and 3 LEDs for user application purposes
- 4 Megabit serial flash memory for application use
- Temperature sensor
- CD contains MPLAB IDE with full editor, programmer and debugger; MPLAB C Compiler; code examples and user’s guide
- All tools provided for developing and prototyping speech and audio application & algorithms
- dsPIC audio board with integrated debugger
- MPLAB Starter Kit with CD containing MPLAB IDE, MPLAB C Compiler for dsPIC DSCs, application notes, and sample programs
- USB cable