Part of the Freescale Tower System: Modular Development Platform group. View the group
- Integrated open-source BDM debugging tool
- Small form factor
- Supports external communications interfaces
- Includes power regulation circuitry with standardized bus
- Two 80-pin connectors on the outside to support debugging or expansion to LCD module
- RS232, RS485, CAN , USB
- Open connector for MED-EKG development board
- Low power
- The TWR-MCF51MM board contains a Flexis MCF51MM256, an Energy-Efficient Product Solution by NXP
- Tower compatible processor board
- Open Source BDM (OSBDM) circuit
- Analog measurement circuitry
- 4 LEDs
- DIP Switches and push buttons for user input
- three-axis accelerometer
- RS232 transceiver and 2x5 pin header
The NXP TWR-MCF51MM module (TWR-MCF51MM-KIT) is part of the NXP Tower System, a modular development platform that enables rapid prototyping and tool re-use through reconfigurable hardware. Take your design to the next level and begin constructing your Tower System today.
The TWR-MCF51MM module is a development board for the MCF51MM256 Flexis ColdFire 32-bit MCUs. It is designed to aid in the evaluation and prototyping of medical applications and includes an electrocardiograph sensor (MED-EKG) as part of the evaluation system.
The TWR-MCF51MM operates as a standalone debug tool and can also be combined and used as part of the modular Tower System development platform.
The MCF51MM256 provides ultra low-power operation, USB connectivity, graphic display support and unparalleled measurement accuracy, all in a single 32-bit microcontroller (MCU), allowing designers to create more fully featured products at a lower cost. The MCF51MM256 is ideal for medical applications or other applications requiring a significant amount of precision analog such as instrumentation and industrial control. The MCF51MM256 is part of the NXP Flexis MCU series.
The MCF51MM256 series devices are members of the low-cost, low-power, high-performance ColdFire V1 family of 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) designed for handheld metering devices.
Key Applications: Portable Medical applications.
- TWR-MCF51MM board with a MCF51MM256 32-bit MCU
- TWR-SER - Tower System Serial Module
- TWR-ELEV - Tower System Elevator Modules
- MED-EKG - Electrocardiograph development kit for Tower System
- DVD with lab tutorials, software, training and collateral
- Quick Start Guide
- Necessary cables