Part of the Freescale Tower System: Modular Development Platform group. View the group
- SGTL5000 low-power stereo codec with headphone amplifier
- Tunable clock generator
- Stereo line in on 3.5 mm jack
- Stereo line out on 3.5 mm jack
- Headphone output on 3.5 mm jack
- Virtual ground capacitor-less headphone output on 3.5 mm jack
- Smartphone compatible headset (headphone output/microphone input) on 3.5 mm jack
- Microphone input on 3.5 mm jack
- Space provided on board to mount an electret microphone
- Compatible with Tower System processor modules using ColdFire , Kinetis K and L series MCUs and Vybrid controllers
The TWR-AUDIO-SGTL is a peripheral module compatible with the NXP Tower System and features the SGTL5000 audio codec. This peripheral module provides an audio interface for the NXP Tower System and can be used with a wide range of Tower System MCU/MPU, peripheral, sensor and communication modules.
The TWR - AUDIO - SGTL peripheral module features the SGTL5000 audio codec and provides an audio interface for the NXP Tower System. The SGTL5000 is a low - power stereo codec that includes a headphone amplifier and is designed to provide a comprehensive audio solution for portable products that require line - in, microphone - in, line - out, headphone - out and digital I/O. As part of the NXP Tower System, the TWR - AUDIO - SGTL module may be used with a wide range of Tower System MCU/MPU, peripheral, sensor and communication modules.
The Tower System Elevator cards have four slots available to accommodate Tower System processor and peripheral modules. An assembled Tower System can only contain one processor (MCU/MPU) module, up to 3 peripheral modules, and one side-mounting peripheral module. It is recommended that the TWR-AUDIO-SGTL peripheral module be physically located in an Elevator slot adjacent to that of the Tower Processor module. The slot, and the order of the modules in the slot, is not important, just their adjacent location. Ensure that the TWR-AUDIO-SGTL peripheral module edge connector with the white strip is inserted in a slot of the Primary Elevator card (the one with white connectors).
Key Applications: Consumer (Portable Navigation Devices, Media Phones, Smartphones, Tablets, Global Positioning System (GPS)
- TWR–AUDIO–SGTL featuring SGTL5000 low–power stereo codec
- Quick Start Guide document