- 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 Compliant RF Transceiver
- Excellent Receiver Sensitivity and Robustness to Interference
- Programmable Output Power Up to 4.5 dBm
- Very Few External Components
- Only a Single Crystal Needed for Asynchronous Networks
- 6-mm × 6-mm QFN40 Package
- Suitable for Systems Targeting Compliance With Worldwide Radio-Frequency Regulations: ETSI EN 300 328 and EN 300 440 (Europe), FCC CFR47 Part 15 (US) and ARIB STD-T-66 (Japan)
- Low Power
- Active-Mode RX (CPU Idle): 24 mA
- Active Mode TX at 1 dBm (CPU Idle): 29 mA
- Power Mode 1 (4 μs Wake-Up): 0.2 mA
- Power Mode 2 (Sleep Timer Running): 1 μA Power Mode 3 (External Interrupts): 0.4 μA
- Wide Supply-Voltage Range (2 V–3.6 V)
- High-Performance and Low-Power 8051 Microcontroller Core With Code Prefetch
- 32-, 64-, 128-, or 256-KB In-System-Programmable Flash
- 8-KB RAM With Retention in All Power Modes
- Hardware Debug Support
- Powerful Five-Channel DMA
- Integrated High-Performance Op-Amp and Ultralow-Power Comparator
- IEEE 802.15.4 MAC Timer, General-Purpose Timers (One 16-Bit, Two 8-Bit)
- IR Generation Circuitry
- 32-kHz Sleep Timer With Capture
- CSMA/CA Hardware Support
- Accurate Digital RSSI/LQI Support
- Battery Monitor and Temperature Sensor
- 12-Bit ADC With Eight Channels and Configurable Resolution
- AES Security Coprocessor
- Two Powerful USARTs With Support for Several Serial Protocols
- 21 General-Purpose I/O Pins (19 × 4 mA, 2 × 20 mA)
- Watchdog Timer
- Development Tools
- CC2530 Development Kit
- CC2530 ZigBee® Development Kit CC2530 RemoTI™ Development Kit for RF4CE
- SmartRF™ Software
- Packet Sniffer
- IAR Embedded Workbench™ Available
The CC2530DK development kit supports TI's second generation 2.4GHz IEEE 802.15.4 compliant System-on-Chip, the CC2530, and contains all hardware, software, and tools necessary to build your 802.15.4-compliant product. The CC2530DK includes CC2530-based evaluation modules, development boards, a USB interface dongle, cables, antennas and documentation to get you up and running with the CC2530 fast.
The CC2530EM evaluation modules can be plugged into SmartRF05EB boards, which are included in the Development Kit. The evaluation modules can be used as a reference module for prototyping and for verifying the performance of the CC2530 RF IC. The CC2530 RF SoC enables both consumer and industrial grade applications by offering state-of-the-art selectivity/co-existence, excellent link budget, operation up to 125°C and low voltage operation.
The CC2530DK comes with various software examples including the IEEE 802.15.4 compliant TIMAC, ZigBee compliant Z-Stack, proprietary SimpliciTI networking protocol, packet error rate tests, simple link tests, USB firmware libraries and examples for the CC2531.
The SmartRF05EB+CC2530EM or the CC2531USB stick can be utilized as a capture device for the SmartRF Packet Sniffer.
The CC2530 is Texas Instrument’s second generation ZigBee/IEEE 802.15.4 compliant System-on-Chip with an optimized 8051 MCU core and radio for the 2.4 GHz unlicensed ISM/SRD band. This device enables industrial grade applications by offering state-of-the-art noise immunity, excellent link budget, operation up to 125 degrees and low voltage operation.
Key Applications: consumer and industrial grade applications.
- 2 x SmartRF05EB (the two large boards)
- 2 x CC2530 Evaluation Modules (CC2530EMK)
- 2 x Antennas
- 1 x CC2531 USB Dongle