|Software Tools||Technical Documents||Video||Features||Kit Contents|
The Analog Devices evaluation board can be used as a standalone board, with control coming from an external DSP or microcontroller, or it can be connected to a PC. Software is provided that can be used to program the registers of the .
The is a high precision impedance converter system that combines an on-board frequency generator, a 12-bit 1 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC), and an internal temperature sensor.
The frequency generator allows an external complex impedance to be excited with a known frequency. The on-board ADC samples the response signal from the impedance, and an on-board DSP engine at each excitation frequency processes the DFT. The also contains an internal temperature sensor with 13-bit resolution and operates from a 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply.
Other on-board components include a 3.0 V reference to act as a stable supply voltage for the separate analog and digital sections of the device and a ultrahigh precision regulator to act as a supply to the on-board universal serial bus controller that interfaces to the . The user has the option to power the entire circuitry from the USB port of a computer.
The evaluation board also has a high performance trimmed 16 MHz surface-mount crystal to act as a system clock to the , if required. Interfacing to the AD5933 is through a USB microcontroller that generates the I2C signals necessary to communicate with the AD5933. Interfacing to the USB microcontroller is done through a Visual Basic® graphic user interface located on and run from the PC.
Key Applications: Electrochemical analysis, Impedance spectroscopy, Complex impedance measurement, Corrosion monitoring and protection equipment, Biomedical and automotive sensors, Proximity sensing
The AD5933 graphical user interface (GUI) software on the compact disc (CD) is supplied with the evaluation board. The GUI has the frequency sweep capability for board control and data analysis. The software is compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Windows XP and Windows 7.
|CAD Model||ADI: Symbols and Footprint for AD5933YRSZ|
Key Features for the Evaluation Board:
- Full-featured evaluation board for the
- Graphic user interface software with frequency sweep capability for board control and data analysis
- Various power supply linking options
- Standalone capability with serial I2C loading from on-board microcontroller
- Selectable system clock options including internal RC oscillator or on-board 16 MHz crystal
Key Features for the
- Programmable output peak-to-peak excitation voltage to a maximum frequency of 100 kHz
- Programmable frequency sweep capability with serial I2C interface
- Frequency resolution of 27 bits (<0.1 Hz)
- Impedance measurement range from 1 kΩ to 10 MΩ
- Capable of measuring of 100 Ω to 1 kΩ with additional circuitry
- Internal temperature sensor (±2°C)
- Internal system clock option
- Phase measurement capability
- System accuracy of 0.5%
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply operation
- Temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- 16-lead SSOP package
The Analog Devices Evaluation Board is supplied with the below contents:
- Evaluation Board
- USB Cable
- Graphical user interface software