|Technical Documents||Video||Features||Kit Contents|
The USB isolator evaluation board been constructed to allow easy interface to existing applications by standard cabling or discrete wiring. The board allows configuration of all the features of the and chips as well as provides support for a variety of possible power schemes. The evaluation board also allows common mode voltages but is not recommended for performing safety related testing such as high voltage withstand testing. This type of testing should be performed on the component level or on a production board.
The Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics and are easily integrated with low and full speed USB-compatible peripheral devices./ is a USB port isolator, based on
Theand provide support for full speed and low speed data communications by interfacing directly with the USB xD+ and xD− lines. The parts are designed to be transparent to USB data traffic other than adding about as much delay as a hub and cable.
Key Applications: USB peripheral isolation, Isolated USB hub, Medical applications
|Simulation Model||ADI: ADuM4160 IBIS Model|
|CAD Model||ADI: CAD Model for ADUM4160BRIZ|
|CAD Model||ADI: CAD Model for ADUM4160BRWZ|
|CAD Model||ADI: CAD Model for ADUM3160BRWZ (BXL File Format)|
Features of :
- Connect to systems through standard USB Type A and Type B connectors.
- Draw power from the USB host or from an external 5.0 V or 3.3 V power supply.
- Support isolated power for the downstream interface through an isoPower® dc-to-dc converter (included with board).
- Support external downstream power from a 5 V or 3.3 V power supply.
- Provide test points for all power and signal paths.
- Support low and full speed communications.
- Support enumeration control.
- Support external ESD protection.
- Support common-mode chokes in xD+/xD−.
- Support ferrite inductors in VBUSx and GNDx lines.
- USB 2.0 compatible
- Low and full speed data rate: 1.5 Mbps and 12 Mbps
- Bidirectional communication
- 4.5 V to 5.5 V VBUS operation
- 7 mA maximum upstream supply current @ 1.5 Mbps
- 8 mA maximum upstream supply current @ 12 Mbps
- 2.3 mA maximum upstream idle current
- Upstream short-circuit protection
- Class 3A contact ESD performance per ANSI/ESD STM5.1-2007
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- 16-lead SOIC wide-body package version
- 16-lead SOIC wide body enhanced creepage version
- RoHS compliant
- Safety and regulatory approvals (RI-16 package)
- UL recognition: 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5A
- IEC 60601-1: 250 V rms (reinforced)
- IEC 60950-1: 400 V rms (reinforced)
- VDE Certificate of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 846 V peak
The Analog Devices USB Isolator Board supplied with below contents:
- USB Isolator Board