The PIC32 USB Digital Audio Accessory Board (DM320014) showcases a 16/24-bit quality digital stereo audio development platform using the PIC32 microcontroller (MCU). It can be used for 16/24-bit stereo audio playback and recording with a sample rate of up to 48 kHz. This accessory board is powered by the USB Host and can be used with any personal computer (PC), tablet, gaming station, or mobile device that supports the USB Audio Device Class.
The digital audio stream is transferred over USB isochronous transfers. The PIC32 USB Digital Audio Accessory Board features the PIC32 MCU, which has a USB module with Host and Device capability, SPI module with Audio Mode that supports I2S, LJ, RJ, DSP/PCM modes, and a flexible audio reference clock output generation module that can be used as time base for the external codec or Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC).
The PIC32 USB Digital Audio Accessory Board is preprogrammed with a USB Audio Headset application, which demonstrates audio playback and record. This demonstration can playback high quality stereo audio through headphones. It can also record audio through a microphone.
- PIC32MX250F128B MCU: 128 KB of program memory and 32 KB of RAM
- PIC32 I2S support (LJ, RJ, DSP/PCM modes supported) – all modes can be 16/24-bit
- PIC32 reference clock output for codec master clock
- Audio codec (AK4645A) with up to 48 kHz sampling rate and 16/24-bit resolution
- Supported codec-based audio processing features:
- 5-band equalizer
- Analog output mixing
- Stereo separation emphasis and wind-noise filtering
- Auto-level control
- PIC32 USB Digital Audio Accessory Board