Part of the NXP Freedom Platform group. View the group
- MKL02Z32VFM4 MCU - 48MHz, 32KB Flash, 4KB SRAM, 32QFN
- Capacitive touch slider MMA8451Q accelerometer, Tri-color LED
- Flexible power supply options - coin cell battery, external source
- Easy access to MCU I/O
- Battery-ready, power-measurement access points
- Form factor compatible with Arduino R3 pin layout
- OpenSDA debug interface
- Mass storage device flash programming interface (default) - no tool installation required to evaluate demo apps
- P&E Debug interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
- CMSIS-DAP interface: new ARM standard for embedded debug interface
The NXP FRDM-KL02Z Freedom development platform is an evaluation and development tool ideal for rapid prototyping of microcontroller-based applications. The hardware design is form-factor compatible with popular third-party hardware designed to work with Arduino™ and Arduino-compatible boards. The on-board interfaces also include an RGB LED, a 3-axis digital accelerometer, and a capacitive touch slider.
The NXP Freedom FRDM-KL02Z hardware is a simple, yet sophisticated design featuring a Kinetis L Series microcontroller, the industry’s first microcontroller built on the ARM Cortex™-M0 core. The KL02Z32VFM4 is the featured microcontroller on the FRDM-KL02Z. The KL02Z32VFM4 has included the latest 32-bit ARM Cortex™-M0 processor, cutting-edge low-power functionality and a range of analog and communication peripherals. This enables system designers to dramatically reduce the size of their boards and products while retaining the all-important performance, feature integration and power consumption characteristics of their end devices. The specifications of the KL02Z32 and the flexible design of the FRDM-KL02Z enable a wide variety of design prototypes including those dependent on battery power or harvested energy.
The FRDM-KL02Z is the hardware platform to feature the NXP open standard embedded serial and debug adapter known as OpenSDA. This circuit offers the user several options for serial communications, flash programming and run-control debugging.
Key Applications: Internet of Things, Pedometers, Remote Controls (Universal), Portable Accessories, Activity and Wellness Monitor