- MKL46Z256VLL4 MCU (48 MHz, 256KB Flash, 32 KB RAM, Low power, 100LQFP package)
- Dual role USB interface with mini-B USB connector
- Open SDA
- 4 digit segment LCD module
- Capacitive touch slider
- Ambient light sensor
- MMA8451Q Accelerometer
- MAG3110 Magnetometer
- 2 user LEDs
- 2 user push buttons
- Flexible power supply options - USB, coin cell battery, external source
- Battery-ready, power-measurement access points
- Easy access to MCU I/O via Arduino™ R3 compatible I/O connectors
- Programmable OpenSDA debug interface with multiple applications available including:
- Mass storage device flash programming interface
- P&E Debug interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
- CMSIS-DAP interface: new ARM standard for embedded debug interface
- Data logging application
- Arduino™ R3 compatibility
The Freescale Freedom development platform is a set of software and hardware tools for evaluation and development. It is ideal for rapid prototyping of microcontroller-based applications. The Freescale Freedom KL46Z hardware, FRDM-KL46Z, is a simple, yet sophisticated design featuring a Kinetis L series microcontroller, built on the ARM® Cortex™-M0+ core.
FRDM-KL46Z can be used to evaluate the KL46, KL36, KL26 and KL16 Kinetis L series devices. It features a MKL46Z256VLL4, this device boasting a max operating frequency of 48MHz, 256KB of flash, 32KB RAM, a fullspeed USB controller, segment LCD controller, and loads of analog and digital peripherals. The FRDM-KL46Z hardware is form-factor compatible with the Arduino™ R3 pin layout, providing a broad range of expansion board options. The on-board interfaces includes a 4 digit segment LCD, a 3-axis digital accelerometer, magnetometer, capacitive touch slider, and ambient light sensor.
The FRDM-KL46Z features the Freescale open standard embedded serial and debug adapter known as OpenSDA. This circuit offers several options for serial communications, flash programming and run-control debugging.
Key Applications: Portable instrumentation, Industrial automation, Small appliances, Portable media players, etc.
- FRDM-KL46Z Development Board
- Quick reference Card
Additional hardware required: USB A-to-MiniB cable (not included)
|Kinetis L Series MCUs Built on the ARM Cortex-M0+ Core: What is the Plus For?|
This informative video will address what is new with the Kinetis L Series MCUs built on the ARM(R) Cortex(TM)-M0+ and what the plus really means.
|Software development with the Freescale Kinetis SDK using Keil MDK Version 5|