Part of the NXP Freedom Platform group. View the group
- MKE04Z8VFK4 MCU - 48MHz, 8KB Flash, 1KB SRAM, 24 QFN
- Capacitive touch slider, MMA8451Q accelerometer, Tri-color LED
- Flexible power supply options - USB, external source
- I/O headers for easy access to MCU I/O pins
- IrDA transmitter and receiver
- Reset pushbutton
- Infrared communication
- Form factor compatible with Arduino™ R3 pin layout
- Motor control header for simple BLDC motor control on APMOTOR56F8000E
- New, OpenSDA debug interface
- Mass storage device flash programming interface (default) - no tool installation required to evaluate demo apps
- P&E debug interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
- CMSIS-DAP interface: new ARM standard for embedded debug interface
The FRDM-KE04Z is an ultra-low-cost development platform for Kinetis KE04 MCUs built on ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor and with 8KB Flash. Features include easy access to MCU I/O, battery-ready, a standard-based form factor with expansion board options and a built-in debug interface for flash programming and run-control.
The Freedom development platform is an ideal evaluation and development tool for rapid prototyping of microcontroller-based applications. The hardware design is form-factor compatible with popular third-party hardware designed to work with Arduino™ and Arduino-compatible boards.
The Kinetis E series is the most scalable portfolio of low-power, high-robustness, mixed signal 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 MCUs running up to 48MHz in the industry. It supports power supply voltage range from 2.7 V to 5.5 V, ambient operating temperature ranges from -40 °C to 105 °C and includes up to 128 KB flash.
The FRDM-KE04Z board includes the NXP open standard embedded serial and debug adapter known as OpenSDA. This circuit offers several options for serial communications, flash programming and run-control debugging to the user . There are also many software development tool options available to the user. Choices include CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers, IAR Embedded Workbench, Keil MDK featuring the μVision IDE , Red Suite from Code Red Technologies, Atollic TrueSTUDIO, Rowley Crossworks, and more.
All of these features are combined to give freedom to the user to rapidly prototype the embedded designs: a powerful microcontroller built on a very low-power core and SoC platform, easy-access to I/O with a large ecosystem of compatible hardware, a flexible programming and debug interface, and a large ecosystem of software development environments.
Key Applications: Consumer (Refrigerators, DC Cooling Fan Applications in Computers, Dryers, Room Air Conditioning System, Washing Machines), Industrial (Power Supply (DC-DC), Electric Metering, Control Panels (Elevator), Industrial Machine Control, Circuit Breakers)
- FRDM-KE04Z hardware
- Quick reference card
- Additional hardware required: USB A-to-MiniB cable (not included)