Part of the NXP Freedom Platform group. View the group
- MCU - 48MHz, 8KB Flash, 1KB SRAM, 24 QFN
- Capacitive touch slider, MMA8451Q accelerometer, Tri-color LED
- Flexible power supply options - USB, external source
- I/O headers for easy access to MCU I/O pins
- IrDA transmitter and receiver
- Reset pushbutton
- Infrared communication
- Form factor compatible with Arduino™ R3 pin layout
- Motor control header for simple BLDC motor control on
- New, OpenSDA debug interface
- Mass storage device flash programming interface (default) - no tool installation required to evaluate demo apps
- P&E debug interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
- CMSIS-DAP interface: new ARM standard for embedded debug interface
The is an ultra-low-cost development platform for Kinetis KE04 MCUs built on ARM Cortex-M0 processor and with 8KB Flash Features include easy access to MCU I/O battery-ready a standard-based form factor with expansion board options and a built-in debug interface for flash programming and run-control
The Freedom development platform is an ideal evaluation and development tool for rapid prototyping of microcontroller-based applications. The hardware design is form-factor compatible with popular third-party hardware designed to work with Arduino™ and Arduino-compatible boards.
The Kinetis E series is the most scalable portfolio of low-power, high-robustness, mixed signal 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 MCUs running up to 48MHz in the industry. It supports power supply voltage range from 2.7 V to 5.5 V, ambient operating temperature ranges from -40 °C to 105 °C and includes up to 128 KB flash.
The board includes the NXP open standard embedded serial and debug adapter known as OpenSDA This circuit offers several options for serial communications flash programming and run-control debugging to the user There are also many software development tool options available to the user Choices include CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers IAR Embedded Workbench Keil MDK featuring the Vision IDE Red Suite from Code Red Technologies Atollic TrueSTUDIO Rowley Crossworks and more
All of these features are combined to give freedom to the user to rapidly prototype the embedded designs: a powerful microcontroller built on a very low-power core and SoC platform, easy-access to I/O with a large ecosystem of compatible hardware, a flexible programming and debug interface, and a large ecosystem of software development environments.
Key Applications: Consumer (Refrigerators, DC Cooling Fan Applications in Computers, Dryers, Room Air Conditioning System, Washing Machines), Industrial (Power Supply (DC-DC), Electric Metering, Control Panels (Elevator), Industrial Machine Control, Circuit Breakers)
- Quick reference card
- Additional hardware required: USB A-to-MiniB cable (not included)