- MKE06Z128VLK4 MCU – 48MHz, 128KB Flash, 16KB SRAM, 80LQFP
- Flexible power supply options – USB, external source
- I/O headers for easy access to MCU I/O pins
- IrDA transmitter and receiver
- CAN communication
- Key input, MMA8451Q accelerometer, RGB LED
- Reset push button
- Infrared communication
- Motor control function for simple BLDC motor control on APMOTOR56F8000E
- Form factor compatible with Arduino™ R3 pin layout
- New, OpenSDA debug interface
- Mass storage device flash programming interface (default)
- No tool installation required to evaluate demo apps
- P&E Debug interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
- CMSIS-DAP interface: new ARM standard for embedded debug interface
The FRDM-KE06Z Freedom development platform microcontroller board is a simple, yet sophisticated development platform for Kinetis KE06 MCUs, built on ARM® Cortex®-M0 core. Features include easy access to MCU I/O, battery-ready, a standard-based form factor with expansion board options and a built-in debug interface for flash programming and run-control. The FRDM-KE06Z is supported by a range of NXP and third-party development software.
The FRDM-KE06Z features two microcontrollers, the target MCU and a serial and debug adapter (OpenSDA) MCU. The target MCU is a Kinetis E series KE06 family device. The OpenSDA MCU is a Kinetis K series K20 family device, the K20DX128VFM5.
The Kinetis KE06 MCU sub-family is a 48 MHz sub-family in the Kinetis E series portfolio, and is pin compatible within Kinetis E series family, and with the NXP's 8-bit S08P family. This sub-family includes a powerful array of analog, communication and timing and control peripherals with specific flash memory size and the pin count. The family acts as a low-power, high-robustness, and cost-effective MCU to provide developers an appropriate entry-level 32-bit solution. The family is a next generation MCU solution with enhanced ESD/EMC performance for cost-sensitive, high-reliability devices applications used in high electrical noise environments.
OpenSDA is an open-standard serial and debug adapter. It bridges serial and debug communications between a USB host and an embedded target processor. The hardware circuit is based on a NXP Kinetis K20 family microcontroller (MCU) with 128 KB of embedded flash and an integrated USB controller. OpenSDA features a mass storage device (MSD) bootloader, which provides a quick and easy mechanism for loading different OpenSDA Applications such as flash programmers, run-control debug interfaces, serial-to-USB converters and more.
Key Applications: Consumer (Refrigerators, DC Cooling Fan Applications in Computers, Dryers, Room Air Conditioning System, Washing Machines) Industrial (Power Supply (DC-DC), Electric Metering, Control Panels (Elevator), Industrial Machine Control, Circuit Breakers)
- FRDM-KE06Z hardware
- Quick reference card
- Additional hardware required: USB A-to-MiniB cable (not included)