- MK64FN1M0VLL12 MCU
- ARM© Cortex®-M4 core, upto 120 MHz
- 1MB Flash and 256KB RAM
- Low power
- Crystal-less USB
- 100 Low profile Quad Flat Package (LQFP)
- Dual role USB interface with micro-B USB connector
- RGB LED
- FXOS8700CQ accelerometer and magnetometer
- Two user push buttons
- Flexible power supply option – OpenSDAv2 USB, Kinetis K64 USB, and external source
- Easy access to MCU input/output through ArduinoTM R3 compatible I/O connectors
- Programmable OpenSDAv2 debug circuit supporting the CMSIS-DAP Interface software that provides:
- Mass storage device (MSD) flash programming interface
- CMSIS-DAP debug interface over a driver-less USB HID connection providing run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
- Virtual serial port interface
- Open source CMSIS-DAP software project
- Add-on RF module: nRF24L01 Nordic 2.4GHz Radio
- Add-on Bluetooth module: JY-MCU BT board V1.05 BT
The FRDM-K64F is an ultra-low-cost freedom development platform for Kinetis K64, K63, and K24 MCUs. The FRDM-K64F hardware is form-factor compatible with the Arduino R3 pin layout, providing a broad range of expansion board options. The FRDM-K64F is feature packed with a lot of peripherals to enable rapid prototyping, including a 3-axis digital accelerometer and magnetometer to create full eCompass capabilities, a tri-colored LED and 2 user push-buttons for direct interaction and feedback, expansion memory with a microSD card slot, and connectivity options using onboard Ethernet port and headers for use with Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz radio add-on modules.
The FRDM-K64F platform features OpenSDAv2, the open source hardware embedded serial and debug adapter running an open source bootloader. This circuit offers several options for serial communication, flash programming, and run-control debugging.
The Freedom K64F development platform is ideal for developing applications that require high memory density, low power, and optimized integration. The Freedom K64F hardware is a simple, yet sophisticated design featuring a Kinetis K series microcontroller, built on the ARM© Cortex®-M4 core.
The Freedom K64F development platform features a MK64FN1M0VLL12, which boasts a maximum operation frequency of 120MHz, 1MB of flash, 256KB RAM, a full-speed USB controller, Ethernet controller, Secure Digital Host controller, and loads of analog and digital peripherals.
Key Applications: Consumer (Gaming systems, Wearables, Smart Phone / Tablets Accessories), Metering (Connected Meters, Smart-Grid Concentrators), Building & Home Automation (Connected Security & access control, Smart Thermostats), Point of Sale & Secure Applications, Factory Automation, Portable Instrumentation
- FRDM-K64F hardware
- Quick Reference Card
- Additional hardware required: USB A-to-MicroB cable (not included)