The TWR-K70F120M is a development board for the K61 and K70 families 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M4 MCUs. The TWR-K70F120M operates as a standalone debug tool and can also be combined and used as part of the modular Tower System development platform.
The TWR-K70F120M is a Tower Controller Module compatible with the NXP Tower System. It can function as a stand-alone, low-cost platform for the evaluation of the Kinetis K10, K20, K6x, and K70 family of microcontroller (MCU) devices. The TWR-K70F120M features the Kinetis K70 low-power microcontroller based on the ARM® Cortex™-M4 architecture with graphical LCD controller, tamper detection, USB 2.0 HS Controller, USB 2.0 full-speed OTG controller and 10/100 Mbps Ethernet MAC.
The TWR-K70F120M is available as a stand-alone product or as a kit (TWR-K70F120M-KIT) with the Tower Elevator Modules (TWR-ELEV) and the Tower Serial Module (TWR-SER). The TWR-K70F120M can also be combined with other NXP Tower peripheral modules to create development platforms for a wide variety of applications.
The Kinetis MCU portfolio consists of multiple pin-, peripheral- and software-compatible MCU families based on the ARM® Cortex™-M4 core. Families are built from innovative 90 nm thin-film storage (TFS) flash technology with unique FlexMemory (EEPROM) capability, and offer industry leading low power and mixed signal analog integration.
The K70 MCU family includes an integrated graphics LCD controller, IEEE® 1588 Ethernet MAC, Full- and High-Speed USB 2.0 On-The-Go with device charger detect capability, hardware encryption and tamper detection capabilities. The K70 is available with 512 KB or 1 MB of flash in 256-pin MBGA packages. Each MCU includes a rich suite of analog, communication, timing and control peripherals. All K70 MCUs include a single precision floating point unit and NAND flash controller. 256-pin versions include an on-chip DRAM controller for system expansion.
Key Applications: Industrial control panels, Navigational displays, Point-of-sale terminals and Medical monitoring equipment.
- Tower compatible microcontroller module
- MK70FN1M0VMJ12 MCU (120 MHz, 1 MB flash, graphics LCD, Ethernet, USB OTG, tamper detection, encryption, NAND flash and DDR controller, 256 MBGA)
- Interfaces to the new TWR-LCD-RGB Tower peripheral module (accepts RGB data directly from the K70 MCU LCD controller)
- MC9S08JM60 open source JTAG (OSJTAG) circuit
- Touch Tower Plug-in Socket
- General purpose Tower Plug-in (TWRPI) socket
- On-board JTAG debug circuit (OSJTAG) with virtual serial port
- Micron MT47H64M16HR-25 1 Gb 16-bit wide LPDDR2 memory
- Micron MT29F2G16ABAEAWP 2 Gb NAND flash
- Three axis accelerometer (MMA8451Q)
- Four (4) user-controllable LEDs
- Four capacitive touch pads and two mechanical push buttons
- TWRPI-TOUCH-STR socket (touch-sensing Tower plug-in module)
- Two (2) user pushbutton switches
- Battery Holder for 20mm lithium battery (e.g. 2032, 2025)
- Micro-SD Card slot
- TWR-K70F120M board with a MK70FN1M0VMJ12 32-bit MCU
- DVD with software installers and documentation
- Quick Start Guide document
- USB Cable