The TWR-MCF51AG is part of the NXP Tower System, a Stand alone modular development platform that enables rapid prototyping and tool re-use through reconfigurable hardware. The TWR-MCF51AG also available as Kit (TWR-MCF51AG-KIT) which cotains TWR-MCF51AG microcontroller module, along with Elevator Boards (TWR-ELEV), and Prototyping board (TWR-PROTO).
The MCF51AG family expands the 32-bit ColdFire microcontroller portfolio by offering products with DMA and iEvent modules to handle data transaction and interrupt management, thereby off-loading CPU overhead and increasing overall performance. The device targets intelligent smart appliance and industrial applications. The peripheral set is also well aligned to the needs of advanced three-phase motor control applications, where it can to improve the overall energy efficiency of the application. Also included is functionality important for system safety and integrity, such as an advanced independently clocked COP, external watchdog monitor and a cyclic redundancy check (CRC) engine providing CLK failure protection and memory content validation for applications covered by regulations such as IEC60730.
Key Applications:Room air conditioning, White goods control pane, Small appliances, Three-phase BLDC motor control, Heating and boiler control.
- NXP Tower System compliant
- Integrated open-source BDM debugging tool
- MPR121QR2. Touch Sensor
- Capacitive Touch Pads
- 3-axis Accelerometer Sensor
- 4 LEDs
- Small form factor
- Mini-B USB Connector
- Supports external communications interfaces
- Includes power regulation circuitry with standardized bus
- TWR-MCF51AG – 32-bit module that features the MCF51AG128 Microcontroller
- Necessary cables
- An interactive DVD with lab tutorials, software, training and collateral
- A printed guide on how to quickly get started using the development kit