- Graphics display controller Epson S1D13517
- Supporting 18-bit HR-TFT, and 9/12/18/24 bit TFT interface
- 16/24-bit color depth
- Maximum display resolution of 960x960
- Multiple frame buffering with external SDRAM
- 128-Megabit (8Mx16) SDRAM (U4) for frame buffering
- 16 Megabit (2Mx8) serial flash memory for additional data storage
- Display connector for interfacing with different display boards
- PICtail Plus Interface for connecting to Explorer 16 Development Board
- PIC32 Starter Kit Connector
The Graphics Controller PICtail™ Plus Epson S1D13517 Board allows evaluating solution and graphics library for 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers. The Epson S1D13517 offers hardware acceleration for alpha-blending, transparency, animation, multiple buffering, and picture in picture. The kit is compatible with the Explorer 16 development board (DM240001) or one of the PIC32 Starter Boards (DM320001, DM320003).
An Explorer 16 Development Board (DM240001) or one of the starter kits is required, but only one should be used. An external 9V (AC162039) power supply can be connected through the Explorer 16 or directly to connector J5. When a starter kit is used, the setup can be powered via the USB debugger. If your USB is unable to supply enough power, the external power supply should be used. Finally, a display board, such as the Graphics Display Truly 7" 800x480 Board (AC164127-9), should be connected to the display connector.