- The Atmel AT90USB1287 Microcontroller handles the USB interface.
- The Atmel AT90USB1287 is a device in the family of AVRs with a low and full speed USB macro with device, host and On-the-go (OTG) capabilities.
- AT86RF230 radio transceiver with miniature PCB antenna
- The AT86RF230 is a 2.4GHz radio transceiver
- The antenna on the RZUSBSTICK is a folded dipole antenna with a net peak gain of 0dB.
- External Memory Interface
- When necessary the Atmel AT90USB1287’s 8kB of internal SRAM can be extended through the AVR external memory interface. (The suggested external SRAM is 32kB)
- Serial interface (USART) of AT90USB1287 is routed to three large pads on PCB. (RX and TX signals are TTL level, so an external level converter must be connected if RS232 levels are necessary)
- JTAG programming interface is provided for the AT90USB1287 microcontroller (interface is available through a 50-mil spaced 10-pin dual row header)
- Four LEDs are assembled on the board
The starter kit accelerates development, debugging, and demonstration for a wide range of low power wireless applications including IEEE 802.15.4, 6LoWPAN, and ZigBee networks.
The kit includes one USB stick with a 2.4GHz transceiver and a USB connector. The included AT86RF230 transceiver's high sensitivity supports the longest range for wireless products. The AT90USB1287 incorporates fast USB On-the-Go.
The AVR RZUSBSTICK hardware is based a USB microcontroller and a radio transceiver chip. The Atmel AT90USB1287 microcontroller handles the USB interface, the Atmel AT86RF230 radio transceiver and the RF protocol stacks.
RZUSBSTICK Starter kit enables development, debugging and demonstration of a wide range of low power wireless applications including IEEE 802.15.4, 6LoWPAN and ZigBee networks.
Key Applications: Building Automation (Comfort and Control, Fire and Security, Telecare), Home Appliances (Cooking, Refrigeration, Washing), Home Entertainment (Audio, Remote Control, Video), Industrial Automation (Human Machine Interface, Industrial Communications, Instruments, Sensors), Lighting (Flourescent Ballasts, HID Ballasts, LED Ballasts, Lighting Control), Metering (Data Concentrators, Electricity Meters, Gas and Water Meters, In-Home Display Units), Mobile Electronics (Portable Audio Players, Portable Game Consoles), PC Peripherals PC (Peripherals - Small I/O Devices)
- One USB stick with a 2.4 GHz transceiver and USB connection to a PC