Texas Instruments eZ430-Chronos is a highly integrated, wearable wireless development system based for the CC430 in a sports watch. It may be used as a reference platform for watch systems, a personal display for personal area networks, or as a wireless sensor node for remote data collection.
Based on the CC430F6137 < 1 GHz RF SoC, the eZ430-Chronos is a complete CC430-based development system contained in a watch. This tool features a 96 segment LCD display and provides an integrated pressure sensor and 3-axis accelerometer for motion sensitive control. The integrated wireless feature allows the Chronos to act as a central hub for nearby wireless sensors such as pedometers and heart rate monitors. The eZ430-Chronos offers temperature and battery voltage measurement and is complete with a USB-based CC1111 wireless interface to a PC.The eZ430-Chronos watch may be disassembled to be reprogrammed with a custom application and includes an eZ430 USB programming interface.
The Texas Instruments CC430 family of ultra-low-power microcontroller system-on-chip with integrated RF transceiver cores consists of several devices featuring different sets of peripherals targeted for a wide range of applications. The architecture, combined with five low-power modes, is optimized to achieve extended battery life in portable measurement applications. The device features the powerful MSP430™ 16-bit RISC CPU, 16-bit registers, and constant generators that contribute to maximum code efficiency.
Note: eZ430-Chronos-868 is restricted from use in the USA and Canada due to frequency conflicts.
Key Applications: Ultra-Low Power, Wireless, Utility Metering, Portable Medical, Security, Energy Harvesting, USB.
- Fully functional sports watch based on the CC430F6137, MSP430 with integrated < 1 Ghz wireless transceiver
- Watch reprogrammable for custom wireless applications
- Highly integrated watch includes on-board 3-axis accelerometer, pressure sensor, temperature sensor, battery voltage sensor
- 96-Segment LCD display driven directly by CC430
- Can be paired wirelessly with heart rate monitors, pedometers or other devices based RF transceivers like the or SoCs such as the CC430 or CC111x
- Includes an eZ430 USB emulator that connects the Chronos to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging
- Includes IAR Kickstart and Code Composer Studio integrated development environments which includes an assembler, linker, simulator, source-level debugger, and code limited C-compiler
- Supports development with some 2xx Spy Bi-Wire devices
- 2 spare screws
- CC1111 USB RF access point
- CD containing documentation and development software
- Mini Phillips screwdriver
- eZ430 USB programming and debugging interface
- eZ430-Chronos wireless watch