The MC56F8367EVME is a low-cost kit that contains everything you need to quickly evaluate the features and capabilities of the MC56F8145-67 and MC56F8345-67 controllers silicon and tools. It also provides an efficient, cost-effective vehicle for hardware and software development. It can be used alone or in conjunction with NXP's broad range of modular motion control development hardware. The MC56F8367EVME Kit is targeted for use on PC-compatible systems running Windows® 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows XP.
The 56F8367EVM facilitates the evaluation of various features present in the 56F8367 part. The 56F8367EVM can be used to develop real-time software and hardware products. The 56F8367EVM provides the features necessary for a user to write and debug software, demonstrate the functionality of that software and interface with the user's application-specific device(s). The 56F8367EVM is flexible enough to allow a user to fully exploit the 56F8367's features to optimize the performance of his product.
The 56F8367 and 56F8167 are members of the 56800E core-based family of controllers. Each combines, on a single chip, the processing power of a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and the functionality of a microcontroller with a flexible set of peripherals to create an extremely cost-effective solution.The 56800E core is based on a Harvard-style architecture consisting of three execution units operating in parallel, allowing as many as six operations per instruction cycle.
Key Applications: Industrial (Fire and Security Systems,Industrial Control,Power Management) Motor Control (Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor,Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor)
- MC56F836716-bit digital signal controller
- External fast static RAM (FSRAM) memory
- 8.00 MHz crystal oscillator for DSP frequency generation
- Optional external oscillator frequency input connector
- JTAG port interface connector to interface to an external command converter
- On-board parallel port command converter with a connector for a PC printer port cable
- RS-232 interface for easy connection to a host processor
- Pair of standard daughter card connectors enabling connection of application specific and user generated daughter cards
- High Speed 1 Mbps CAN interface
- 56F8367EVM board
- Parallel cable
- 12V DC power supply
- Metrowerks® CodeWarrior with Processor ExpertTM Development Tools CD-ROM
- NXP 56800/E Accelerated Development System Resource CD-ROM
- 56F8367EVM Kit Installation Guide
- Warranty Registration card