The TWR-KL25Z48M microcontroller module is designed to work either in standalone mode or as part of the NXP Tower System, a modular development platform that enables rapid prototyping and tool re-use through reconfigurable hardware. The TWR-KL25Z48M is supported by a range of NXP and third-party development softwares. Take your design to the next level and begin constructing your Tower System today.
The TWR-KL25Z48M features two pushbutton switches connected to GPIO/interrupt signals, one pushbutton connected to the master reset signal, two capacitive touch pad electrodes, four user-controllable LEDs, and a potentiometer connected to an ADC input signal. Refer to Table 5 “I/O Connectors and Pin Usage Table” for information about which pins are connected to these features.
The TWR-KL25Z48M Tower MCU Module features the MKL25Z128VLK4 — a Kinetis microcontroller with USB 2.0 full-speed OTG controllers. It is intended for use in the NXP Tower System but can operate stand-alone. An on-board debug circuit, openSDA, provides a JTAG interface and a power supply input through a single USB mini-AB connector, as well as a serial to USB, CDC class compliant UART interface.
The Kinetis MCUs start up from an internal digitally controlled oscillator (DCO). Software can enable the main external oscillator (EXTAL0/XTAL0) if desired. The external oscillator/resonator can range from 32.768 KHz up to a 32 MHz. An 8 MHz crystal is the default external source for the MCG oscillator inputs (XTAL/EXTAL). A 32.768 KHz crystal is connected to the RTC oscillator inputs by default.
The touch sensing input (TSI) module of the KL25Z128 MCU provides capacitive touch sensing detection with high sensitivity and enhanced robustness. Each TSI pin implements the capacitive measurement of an electrode. The TWR-KL25Z provides two methods for evaluating the TSI module. There are two electrodes on-board. Additionally, 12 TSI signals are connected to a Touch Tower Plug-in (TWRPI) socket (J2) that can accept Touch TWRPI daughter cards that may feature keypads, rotary dials, sliders, etc.
Key Applications: Low-power applications, Battery-operated applications, USB peripherals, Consumer applications
- Tower compatible microcontroller module
- MKL25Z128VLK4 MCU (48 MHz, 128KB Flash, 16 KB RAM, Low power, 80LQFP package)
- Dual role USB interface with Micro-AB USB connector
- Touch Tower Plug-in Socket
- General purpose Tower Plug-in (TWRPI) socket
- On-board debug circuit MK20 openSDA serial debug interface with virtual serial port and mass storage device bootloader
- Three axis accelerometer (MMA8451Q)
- Four (4) user-controllable LEDs
- Two (2) capacitive touch pads
- Two (2) user pushbutton switches
- Infrared transmit and receive
- Potentiometer for ADC measurements
- General-purpose pin header to directly access MCU signals
- NXP CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers V10.3 (CW-MCU10)
- IAR EWARM V6.40
- Processor Expert with MQX™ Lite integration available for CodeWarrior or a standalone for integrating generated code into other IDEs
- TWR-KL25Z48M 32-bit MCU module with MKL25Z128VLK4 MCU (80LQFP)
- 3ft A to mini-B USB cable for debug interface and power
- 3ft A to micro-B USB cable for MKL25Z128VLK4 USB interface
- Micro-B to A adapter for MKL25Z128VLK4 USB host applications
- Quick Start Guide