- Compatible with MCF52xx, MCF53xx, and MCF54xx families of MCUs.
- Target voltage: 1.8V-5.5V
- Synchronous and asynchronous operation
- USB 2.0 interface from PC to Multilink allows for fast, easy programming and debugging, with the ease and compatibility of the USB interface. USB cable is included.
- Draws power from the USB bus — no separate power supply required (draws less than 1mA from the target).
- Works with P&E's debugger and flash programmer, NXP's Codewarrior, and development suites from many other third parties.
- Hardware Features
- Fast, hassle-free USB 2.0 communications interface
- Draws power directly from the USB port - no external power supply needed
- Multi-voltage support for targets ranging from 1.8 to 5.5 Volts
- Compact size
- Software Compatibility
- P&E Power Architecture BDM In-Circuit Debugger
- P&E Power Architecture BDM In-Circuit Programmer
- NXP CodeWarrior
- Greenhills Multi
- CodeSourcery GNU Tools
- Mentor Graphics Edge
P&E’s USB ColdFire® Multilink is an easy-to-use debug and programming interface for NXP’s ColdFire V2/V3/V4 line of MPUs. The USB ColdFire Multilink is a member of P&E’s family of USB Multilinks, which allow the PC to communicate with a target processor through the USB port of the PC. The Multillink controls the MPU by accessing the Background Debug Mode (BDM) of the target.
The USB ColdFire Multilink’s speed and reliability make it ideal for development, and it is supported by P&E software, NXP's CodeWarrior, and other third-party software (available separately). P&E’s ColdFire In-Circuit Programmer can be used with the Multilink to program internal and external flash memory devices. The USB ColdFire Multilink also works with P&E’s ColdFire In-Circuit Debugger to control the target processor’s execution, read/write registers and memory, and perform full C source-level debug.