The TWR-S12G240 module is a single board computer as well as part of the NXP Tower System, a modular development platform that enables rapid prototyping and tool re-use through reconfigurable hardware. Elevate your design to the next level and begin constructing your Tower System today.
The TWR-S12G240 is a demonstration board for the MC9S12G240 automotive 16-bit MCUs. An integrated open-source BDM, software tools, and examples provided with the development board make application development and debug quick and easy. All MCU signals are available on one or both edge connectors.
The MC9S12G is an optimized, automotive, 16-bit MCU product line focused on low-cost, high-performance and low pin-count. The MC9S12G is suited for generic automotive applications requiring CAN or LIN/SAE J2602 communication.
The TWR-S12G240 operates as a standalone debug tool and can also be combined and used as part of the modular Tower System development platform (TWR-S12G240-KIT) which contains Tower System Elevator Module (TWR-ELEV) and Prototyping Module with perfboard area (TWR-PROTO).
The TWR-ELEV Elevator modules are the basic building block of the NXP Tower System. Designed to connect MCU and peripheral modules, the Elevator modules provide the power regulation circuitry and structural integrity needed for all configurations of an assembled Tower System.
The TWR-PROTO Prototyping Module provides an easy way for designers to add custom circuitry to their Tower System designs. The TWR-PROTO module is a 9 x 8 cm board with card-edge connectors that allows it to be plugged directly into the Tower System. The perfboard area provides access to all of the signals as well as a generous 8.3 x 3.8 cm prototyping area.
Key Applications: Automotive (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Lighting, Doors Window Lift and Seat Control, Actuators, Remote Keyless Entry, Occupant Detection, Central Gateway / In-Vehicle Networking) , Industrial (HVAC Building and Control Systems)
- MC9S12G240, 100 LQFP
- 240 KB flash, 4096B EEPROM, 11298B RAM
- 25 MHz Bus Frequency
- Internal oscillator
- SCI, SPI, MSCAN
- Integrated open-source BDM (OSBDM)
- 1 ea. high-speed CAN Physical Layer Transceiver
- 1 ea, Enhanced LIN Physical Layer Transceiver
- RS-232 Serial Data Physical Layer Transceiver
- Power input from OSBDM, Tower System, or External 12V Barrel Connector
- 4 user Push Button Switches and 4 user LED Indicators
- 5 2x8, 0.1" ctr, to access MCU pin signals
- Potentiometer with LP filter
- TWR-S12G240 board with a MC9S12G240 16-bit MCU
- DVD with IDE software, training materials and collateral
- USB cable
- DB9 to IDC 2X5 Socket Header
- NXP Warranty Card
- TWR-ELEV: Tower System Elevator Module
- TWR-PROTO: Prototyping Module with perfboard area