The TWR-KL46Z48M is a development tool for the KL3x and KL4x families of Kinetis MCUs and select MCUs in KL1x and KL2x families. The TWR-KL46Z48M MCU module is designed to work either in standalone mode or as part of the NXP Tower System, a modular development platform that enables rapid prototyping and tool re-use through reconfigurable hardware. The TWR-KL25Z48M is supported by a range of NXP and third-party development software.
The Kinetis KL4x family is pin, peripheral and software compatible with all other Kinetis L series families and combines a full-speed USB 2.0 On-The-Go(OTG) controller with integrated low-voltage regulator and a flexible, low-power segment LCD controller with support for up to 376 segments. The Kinetis KL4x family is also compatible with the Kinetis K40 (ARM® Cortex™-M4 core) family, providing a migration path to higher performance and feature integration.
The Kinetis KL3x MCU family is pin, peripheral and software compatible with all other Kinetis L series families and adds a flexible, low-power segment LCD controller with support for up to 376 segments. The Kinetis KL3x family is also compatible with the Kinetis K30 (ARM® Cortex™-M4 core) family, providing a migration path to higher performance and feature integration.
Key Applications: Consumer (Activity and Wellness Monitor), Industrial (Low-End Meters, Thermostat, Flow Meters), Medical/Healthcare (Multi-Parameter Patient Monitor)
- Tower System-compatible MCU module
- MKL46Z256VLL4 MCU (48 MHz, 256 KB flash, 32 KB RAM, segment LCD low-power, 100 LQFP package)
- Dual role USB interface with Micro-AB USB connector
- General purpose Tower plug-in (TWRPI) socket
- Touch / SLCD Tower plug-in (TWRPI) socket
- On-board debug circuit MK20 openSDA serial debug interface with virtual serial port and mass storage device bootloader
- Three-axis accelerometer (MMA8451Q)
- Four user-controllable LEDs
- Two capacitive touch pads
- Two user pushbutton switch
- Infrared transmit and receive
- GPIO header for prototyping
- Potentiometer for ADC measurements
- 32.768 clock for RTC operation
- Power selectable 3.3V/1.8V
- TWR-KL46Z board assembly
- 3ft A to mini-B USB cable for debug interface and power
- 3ft A to micro-B USB cable for MKL46Z256VLL4 USB interface
- Micro-B to A adapter for MKL46Z256VLL4 USB host applications
- Quick start guide