- Based on the MRF24J40MC surface mount module
- 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 Transceiver Module
- Supports ZigBee®, MiWi™, and MiWi P2P protocols
- FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ETSI (Europe)
- External Antenna Connector : Ultra Miniature Coaxial (U.FL)
- Simple four-wire SPI interface to PIC® microcontroller
- Integrated PA/LNA - Tx power +20 dBm to +23dBm (depending on the antenna), Rx sensitivity -108 dBm (antenna gain not included)
- Hardware CSMA-CA Mechanism, Automatic ACK response
- Hardware security engine (AES-128)
- Automatic packet retransmit capable
- Compatible with the PIC18 Explorer Board (DM183022) for 8-bit microcontroller development
- Compatible with the Explorer 16 Development Board (DM240001) for 16-bit microcontroller development
- Targeted for ZigBee® and MiWi™ Development Environment wireless protocol applications
- Perfect solution for low-cost, low-power complete embedded wireless PAN applications
The MRF24J40MC PICtail/PICtail Plus Daughter Board (AC164143) is a demonstration and development daughter board for the MRF24J40MC 2.4GHz IEEE Std. 802.15.4™ 20 dBm RF Tranceiver Module with external antenna.
The MRF24J40MC PICtail™/PICtail Plus Daughter Board can be plugged into multiple Microchip Technology demonstration and development boards. This allows the developer to choose the microcontroller that best suits the customer’s development environment. The PICtail connector right-angle header, P2, can be plugged into 8-bit demonstration and development board PIC18 Explorer Board (DM183032). The PICtail Plus card-edge connector, P1, can be plugged into 16-bit or 32-bit Explorer 16 Development Board (DM240001).
MRF24J40MC is a 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 radio transceiver module intended for longer range applications. The MRF24J40MC has an external antenna connector, matching circuitry, and supports the ZigBee®, MiWi™, MiWi P2P and MiWi Pro protocols. The MRF24J40MC module connects to hundreds of PIC® microcontrollers via a 4-wire SPI interface.
key Applications: AMR/AMI metering, Wireless sensor networks, Home automation, Building automation and Consumer applications
|Applications Library||Microchip Libraries for Applications Help Files (.zip)|