The Cortex-M3 based MCBSTM32E Evaluation Boards allow you to generate and test application programs for the STMicroelectronics STM32F10x or STM32XL microcontroller families. With this hands-on process, you can determine the hardware and software requirements for current and future product development. The MCBSTM32EXL is populated with a STM32F103ZG microcontroller.
STM32F103 devices use the Cortex-M3 core, with a maximum CPU speed of 72 MHz. The portfolio covers from 16 Kbytes to 1 Mbyte of Flash with motor control peripherals, USB full-speed interface and CAN.
The STM32F103xx low-density performance line family operates from a 2.0 to 3.6 V power supply. It is available in both the –40 to +85 °C temperature range and the –40 to +105 °C extended temperature range. A comprehensive set of power-saving mode allows the design of low-power applications.
The STM32F103xx low-density performance line family includes devices in four different package types: from 36 pins to 64 pins. Depending on the device chosen, different sets of peripherals are included, the description below gives an overview of the complete range of peripherals proposed in this family.
Key Applications: Motor Drives, Application Control, Medical and Handheld Equipment, PC and Gaming Peripherals, GPS Platforms, Industrial Applications, PLCs, Inverters, Printers, Scanners, Alarm Systems, Video Intercoms, and HVACs
- Serial Port
- A standard DB9 connector is on the MCBSTM32E board for the STM32F103ZE's built-in UART interfaces. This is a full duplex, serial port.
- CAN Port
- A standard DB9 connector for applications requiring CAN communications.
- USB Port
- A standard USB Type B connector for applications requiring USB communications.
- LCD Display
- A detachable, 240x320 TFT, color LCD display. You may use this graphic display device to show real-time debug and program status messages.
- On-board Battery
- A removable, lithium battery is included on the MCBSTM32E to maintain power to the real-time clock when the board disconnects from the main power supply.
- Analog Voltage Control for ADC Input
- An adjustable analog voltage source for testing the Analog to Digital converter built into the STM32F103ZE.
- External Memory
- The MCBSTM32E board includes 1 Mbyte of external static RAM and 8 Mbytes of external SPI Flash memory.
- MicroSD Card Connector
- A MicroSD Card connector for developing applications requiring access to MicroSD Cards.
- ETM Trace Debug
- An ETM connector for on-chip debugging via the Embedded Trace Macrocell capabilities of the STM32F103 device.
- JTAG Download and Debug
- A JTAG on-chip debug interface, coupled with the ULINK USB-JTAG adapter, provides flash programming and real-time in-circuit emulation of the STM32F103 device.
- The MCBSTM32E Evaluation Board.
- A µVision IDE Quick Start Guide.