The MachXO2 Pico Development Kit is a battery-powered, low-cost evaluation platform to accelerate the evaluation of MachXO2 PLDs. The kit features the MachXO2-1200ZE device, a 7-segment LCD display, I2C temperature sensor and an expansion header for I2C, JTAG, and GPIO interfacing.
Using the preloaded Environment Scanning system-on-chip (SoC) design provided with the development kit, you can now test within minutes, popular interfaces such as UART, SPI, I2C and LCD control using the integrated 8-bit LatticeMico8 microcontroller in conjunction with the MachXO2 Embedded Function Bock (EFB). You can then build your own designs using the free downloadable reference design source code, implementing these features in less than an hour.
The board also features USB channels for JTAG programming and debugging from a host PC. The header provides access to a variety of I/O banks of the MachXO2 device and the on-board I2C bus. The board can be controlled with a menu-driven interface via terminal programs running on a host PC.
The MachXO2 family of ultra low power, instant-on, non-volatile PLDs has six devices with densities ranging from 256 to 6864 Look-Up Tables (LUTs). In addition to LUT-based, low-cost programmable logic these devices feature Embedded Block RAM (EBR), Distributed RAM, User Flash Memory (UFM), Phase Locked Loops (PLLs), preengineered source synchronous I/O support, advanced configuration support including dual-boot capability and hardened versions of commonly used functions such as SPI controller, I2C controller and timer/counter.
Key Applications: Routers, Base Stations, Servers, Storage, Industrial and Medical Applications
- MachXO2 PLD: LCMXO2-1200ZE-MG132CR1
- 4-Character, 7-Segment LCD Display
- 4 Capacitive Touch Sense Buttons
- 1Mbit SPI Flash
- I2C Temperature Sensor
- Pre-loaded Reference Designs and Demo
- The kit includes a pre-loaded Pico SoC Demo design that integrates several Lattice reference designs including: the LatticeMico8 microcontroller, master WISHBONE bus controller, soft delta-sigma ADC, SPI master controller, UART peripheral, Embeded Block RAM and additional control functions.
- Power Measurement via Delta Sigma Analog-to-Digital
- Conversion Using the MachXO2 Device
- RS-232/USB Interface
- JTAG Interface
- SPI Interface
- I2C Interface
- A 2032 coin battery can provides an alternate source of power
- 2x16 Expansion Header
- USB connector Cable
- A mini B USB port provides power, a communication and debug port via a USB-to-RS- 232 physical channel and programming interface to the MachXO2 JTAG port.
- MachXO2 Pico Development Board preloaded with the Environment Scanning
- USB-Mini Cable for power and programming
- QuickStart Guide