The PICDEM MC LV Development Board provides a cost-effective method of evaluating and developing sensored or sensorless brushless DC (BLDC) motor control applications. The board supports Microchip’s 28-pin, PIC18F microcontrollers and dsPIC30F Digital Signal Controllers. The board is capable of controlling motors rated up to 48V and 2.2 Amps.
The PICDEM MC LV Development Board is targeted to control Brushless DC (BLDC) motors in sensor or in sensorless operation. This flexible and low-cost board can be configured in different ways to use with specialized motor control microcontrollers and digital signal controllers. This low-cost board has the facility to use either the PIC18F2331/2431 or the dsPIC30F2010/3010 devices for control. Low pin count motor control parts, such as the PIC18F1230/1330, can also be configured with daughter boards.
The PICDEM MC LV Development Board is a compact board containing a 3-phase voltage source inverter bridge and control circuitry around the microcontroller. The board comes with a free, ready to use MC-GUI (Motor Control – Graphical User Interface) from Microchip. Using the MC-GUI, the user can easily set and/or change motor parameters. This greatly helps the user in developing customized drive solutions.
The development board also comes with two pre-programmed, Flash-based devices for easy development: the PIC18F2431 device will populate the 28-pin socket and the dsPIC30F3010 will ship in a separate sample box. Additionally, the board comes with a free Motor Control Graphical User Interface (MC-GUI) which can set and modify all motor parameters. Custom programming and in-circuit debugging are facilitated with the ICD connector for Microchip’s MPLAB® ICD 2 In-Circuit Debugger, DV164004.
Key Applications: Sensored or sensorless brushless DC (BLDC) motor control applications.
- Motor control graphical user interface (MC-GUI)
- Motor terminal strip
- 3-phase voltage source inverter bridge
- Motion sensor inputs
- Over current protection, level programmable using potentiometer
- Temperature sensor with I2C interface
- Push button switches and master reset
- 9 LEDs, 3 for generic status indication and 6 for PWM indication
- Test points for motor current and back EMF sensing
- Speed control potentiometer
- Active RS-232 port
- 24V external power supply (optional purchased seperately AC300020)
- 3-phase, 24V BLDC low voltage motor (optional purchased seperatelyAC002013)
- MPLAB ICD 2 connector
- MPLAB ICE connector
- Example software and documentation CDROM
- PICDEM MC LV Development Board
- The PICDEM MC LV Development Board CD-ROM with the following applications:
- PICDEM MC LV Graphical User Interface (MC-GUI)
- PICDEM MC LV Development Board User’s Guide
- Firmware examples using the PIC18F MCUs and dsPIC30F DSCs