J-Link BASE is a USB powered JTAG emulator supporting a large number of CPU cores.
Based on a 32-bit RISC CPU, it can communicate at high speed with the supported target CPUs. J-Link is used around the world in tens of thousand places for development and production (flash programming) purposes.
J-Link is supported by all major IDEs such as IAR EWARM, Keil MDK, Rowley CrossWorks, Atollic TrueSTUDIO, IAR EWRX, Renesas HEW, Renesas e2studio, and many others.
Including all models, more than 100,000 J-Links have been sold so far, making J-Link probably the most popular emulator for ARM cores and the de-facto standard.
- Direct download into flash memory of most popular microcontrollers supported
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4, Cortex-R4, RX100/RX200/RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Download speed up to 1 MByte/second
- Supports unlimited breakpoints in flash memory!
- Setting breakpoints in external flash memory of Cortex-M systems is possible with J-Link's Unlimited Flash Breakpoints technology only!
- Supported by all major IDEs
- Free software updates2, 1 year of support
- Supports concurrent access to CPU by multiple applications3
- Crossplatform support (runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)4
- Intelligence in the emulator firmware
- Remote Server included. Allows using J-Link remotely via TCP/IP
- GDBServer included
- Production flash programming software (J-Flash) available
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available
- Supports multiple target interfaces: JTAG, SWD
- Supports SWV/SWO (Serial Wire Viewer / Serial wire output)
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, 5V tolerant
- Supports JTAG chains with multiple devices
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- Various target adapters available, including optical isolation adapter.
- RDI / RDDI interface DLL available.
- Fully plug and play compatible
- No power supply required, powered through USB
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All JTAG signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection
- J-Link Base
- 20-pin, 0.1" ribbon cable
- USB cable (A to B)