The PICtail Plus Motor Control Daughter Card (AC164128) interfaces with Explorer 16 (DM240001) and the HV/LV Power Module (DM300021 and DM300022). It has a variety of test points that will make debugging of your application easier. It also has hardware support for sensor and sensorless applications such as Hall sensors, optical encoder, back EMF and current sensing. This uses dsPIC33F device family for the MC development as opposed to the DM300020 that targets dsPIC30F for the MC application development. This board comes with a Motor Control 100-pin Plug In Module to be used on the Explorer 16 board.
The Motor Control Interface PICtail Plus Daughter Board is a bridge board that connects the Explorer 16 Development Board to the 3-phase power modules, and is used in motor control applications involving the dsPIC33F family of motor control devices. It draws power at 9V from the Explorer 16 Development Board and carries control signals from the Explorer 16 Development board to the 3-phase power modules. In addition, it carries feedback signals of the motor from the 3-phase power modules to the Explorer 16 Development Board. Test points are provided on the card to monitor and measure different analog signals to and from the motor.
- Connector to Explorer 16 ((DM240001)
- Connector to HV/LV Power Module (DM300021 and DM300022)
- Motion sensor inputs: Hall Sensors or Optical Encoder
- Input/Output Control
- 120-pin Signal Connector (J9)
- 37-pin D-Type Signal Connector (J2)
- Quadrature Encoder Interface Connector (J3)
- Hall Sensor Interface Connector (J5)
- Test Points
- 25 test points (TP1 to TP25) available on the Motor Control Interface PICtail Plus Daughter Board to monitor and probe various motor control signals
- Board Power
- The Motor Control Interface PICtail Plus Daughter Board takes input power at 9V DC from the Explorer 16 Development Board through the 120-pin signal connector (J9). This input is regulated by the voltage regulator (VR1) for providing a 5V regulated output to drive the various signals, required by the 3-phase power modules or to pull up inputs to the Motor Control Interface PICtail Plus Daughter Board.
- Motor Control 100-pin Plug In Module