The TPS55330EVM-017 evaluation module (EVM) is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the TPS55330 DC/DC Boost Converter. The EVM in its default configuration is designed to boost from a typical 2.9V – 4.2V single cell input to a 5V output at 2.1A.
The TPS55330 DC/DC converter is a step-up boost converter. The EVM demonstrates the performance of the TPS55330 in an example application and accommodates evaluation of other boost applications supported by the TPS55330. The design shows that a small printed-circuit-board area is possible when designing with the TPS55330 regulator. However, appropriate sizing of the inductor and diode for the desired application can further reduce the board area. The switching frequency is externally set at a nominal 600 kHz. The 24-V, 5-A, low-side MOSFET is incorporated inside the TPS55330 package along with the gate- drive circuitry.
The low drain-to-source on-resistance of the MOSFET achieves high efficiencies with the TPS55330. The compensation components are external to the integrated circuit (IC). The absolute maximum input voltage is 18 V for the EVM.
- 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, 24-V Power Conversion
- Boost, SEPIC, and Flyback Topologies
- Thunderbolt Port, Power Docking for Tablets and Portable PCs
- Industrial Power Systems
- ADSL Modems
- Integrated 24V, 5A low-side FET
- High efficiency with 60mΩ internal FET
- Cycle by cycle current limit with frequency foldback
- Cycle-skipping for output regulation at light loads
- Adjustable soft start and switching frequency
- TPS55330EVM-017 Evaluation Module