The UCC27531EVM-184 is a fully isolated Gate Driver Daughter Card that provides a test platform for a quick and easy evaluation of the UCC27531DBV driver. Powered by a single +12V external supply, and featuring a comprehensive set of test points and jumpers, this EVM can be used for the evaluation of an isolated driver suitable for driving power converter applications. This EVM accepts drive signals and directs them across an isolated boundary, allowing it to be used to drive low or high side switches. This EVM is intended as an evaluation tool for the UCC27531, and is not intended for use as an end product.
The UCC27531EVM-184 is intended to be used as an evaluation tool for the UCC27531DBV driver, providing all of the necessary hardware. All input and outputs of the device can be accessed through one or more test points or jumpers. The EVM functions on a single 12-V input power supply and can drive a VGE of up to 22 V. Included in the EVM is a -4.75-V source between VSS and GATE. Finally, the EVM also provides an isolation barrier for appropriate driver-side testing.
The UCC2753x family of devices are single-channel, high-speed, gate drivers capable of effectively driving MOSFET and IGBT power switches by up to 2.5-A source and 5-A sink (asymmetrical drive) peak current. Strong sink capability in asymmetrical drive boosts immunity against parasitic Miller turn-on effect. The UCC2753x device can also feature a split-output configuration where the gate-drive current is sourced through OUTH pin and sunk through OUTL pin. This pin arrangement allows the user to apply independent turn-on and turn-off resistors to the OUTH and OUTL pins respectively and easily control the switching slew rates.
- Switch-Mode Power Supplies
- DC-to-DC Converters
- Solar Inverters, Motor Control, UPS
- HEV and EV Chargers
- Home Appliances
- Renewable Energy Power Conversion
- IGBT Driver Daughter Card with Input and Output Isolation
- Requires Only a Single 12-V Input Voltage for Bias Supply
- Additional Option for Negative Gate to Emitter Voltage (VGE)
- Isolated Input for Enable and Disable Function
- 11 Test Points and 16 Single Pin Jumpers (strategically placed to facilitate the device's evaluation, system design, and circuit; making the EVM flexible to different configuration targets)
- UCC27531EVM-184 Evaluation Module