MICROSTACK is a family of reusable accessory boards with a common framework of form factor and interface connections that work across various different platforms with the use of platform specific base boards (adapter boards) starting with Raspberry Pi.
MICROSTACK ACCELEROMETER Provides easy, plug and play integration and development for designs requiring a accelerometer function to all platforms compatible with the Microstack framework. Acceleration sensor features a MMA8491Q is a low voltage, 3-axis low-g accelerometer in a 3x3mm QFN package that can accommodate two configurations, acting as either a 45° tilt sensor or a digital output 14-bit ±8g accelerometer with I2C bus.
- Orientation sensing - position detection of up, down, left, right, face down, face up.
- User input devices - shake detection, physical movement gestures
- Free fall detection
- Measuring motion - gaming, sports, pedometer, image stablisation
- Security/audit - shock detection and tamper
- Robotics - course correction/deadreckoning
- Extreme low power, 400 nA per Hz
- Ultra-fast data output time, ~700 μs
- 1.95V to 3.6V VDD supply range
- 3 mm x 3 mm, 0.65 mm pitch with visual solder joint inspection
- ±8g full-scale range
- 14-bit digital output, 1 mg/LSB sensitivity
- Output Data Rate (ODR), implementation based from < 1 Hz to 800 Hz
- I2C digital interface
- 3-axis, 45° tilt outputs
- MICROSTACK Framework compatible
- Can be combined with other MICROSTACK add-ons
- Radio links to support remote telemetry
- Microstack Accelerometer Board
Please note: If Microstack is powered via its microusb connector, then the jumper must be removed to prevent power flowing into the Raspberry Pi.
Please refer page number 2 and 3 of datasheet in the below link, it shows fitting instructions and jumper settings for base board.