The EVAL-AD7609EDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7609. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z. When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. The software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
The AD7609 is an 18-bit, 8-channel, true differential, simultaneous sampling analog-to-digital data acquisition system (DAS). The part contains analog input clamp protection, a second-order antialiasing filter, a track-and-hold amplifier, an 18-bit charge redistribution successive approximation analog-to-digital converter (ADC), a flexible digital filter, a 2.5 V reference and reference buffer, and high speed serial and parallel interfaces.
The AD7609 operates from a single 5V supply and can accommodate ±10 V and ±5 V true bipolar differential input signals while sampling at throughput rates up to 200 kSPS for all channels. The input clamp protection circuitry can tolerate voltages up to ±16.5 V. The AD7609 has 1 M ohm analog input impedance regardless of sampling frequency. The single supply operation, on-chip filtering, and high input impedance eliminate the need for driver op amps and external bipolar supplies. The AD7609 antialiasing filter has a −3 dB cutoff frequency of 32 kHz and provides 40 dB antialias rejection when sampling at 200 kSPS. The flexible digital filter is pin driven, yields improvements in SNR, and reduces the −3 dB bandwidth.
Key Applications: Power line monitoring and protection systems, Multiphase Motor Control, Instrumentation and control systems, Multiaxis positioning systems, Data Acquisition Systems
Features of AD7609 ADC:
- 8 simultaneously sampled inputs
- True differential inputs
- True bipolar analog input ranges: ±10 V, ±5 V
- Single 5 V analog supply and 2.3 V to 5.25 V VDRIVE
- Fully integrated data acquisition solution
- Analog input clamp protection
- Input buffer with 1M ohm analog input impedance
- Second-order antialiasing analog filter
- On-chip accurate reference and reference buffer
- 18-bit ADC with 200 kSPS on all channels
- Oversampling capability with digital filter
- Flexible parallel/serial interface
- SPI/QSPI™/ MICROWIRE™ /DSP compatible
- 7 kV ESD rating on analog input channels
- 98 dB SNR, −107 dB THD
- Dynamic range: up to 105 dB typical
- Low power: 100 mW
- Standby mode: 25 mW
- AD7609 Evaluation Board