The OPA1S2385EVM is intended to provide basic functional evaluation of the OPA1S2385. This EVM is designed to evaluate the performance of the device in both single- and dual-supply configurations.
The OPA1S2384 and OPA1S2385 (OPA1S238x) combine high bandwidth, FET-input operational amplifiers with a fast SPST CMOS switch designed for applications that require the tracking and capturing of fast signals.
By providing a 250-MHz gain bandwidth product and rail-to-rail input/output swings in single-supply operation, the OPA1S238x is capable of wideband transimpedance gain and large output signal swing simultaneously. Low input bias current and voltage noise (6 nV/√Hz) make it possible to amplify extremely low-level input signals for maximum signal-to-noise ratio.
The characteristics of the OPA1S238x make this device ideally suited for use as a wideband photodiode amplifier.
In addition, the CMOS switch and subsequent buffer amplifier allow the OPA1S238x to be easily configured as a fast sample-and-hold circuit. The external hold capacitor and post-gain options make the OPA1S238x easily adoptable to a wide range of speed and accuracy requirements. Note that the OPA1S2384 closes the internal switch with a logic-high signal, and the OPA1S2385 closes the internal switch with a logic-low signal.
- Optical Networking: EPON, GPON
- Signal Strength Monitors
- Burst-Mode RSSI
- Photodiode Monitoring
- Fast Sample-and-Hold Circuits
- Charge Amplifiers
- High-Speed Integrators
- Configurable for split-supply or single-supply operation.
- Easy access to pertinent nodes with test points, SMA connectors, and banana plugs.
- Default noninverting gain of 1 configuration for basic sample-and-hold mode evaluation.
- Component footprints allow for multiple gain, feedback, and filtering configurations.
- Designed for connection to standard 50 Ohm test equipment.
- OPA1S2385EVM Evaluation Module