The EVAL-ADAU7002Z evaluation board provides full access to all inputs and outputs on the ADAU7002. This evaluation board can be powered by a single 3.8 V to 6 V supply or by VDD of the pulse density modulation (PDM) input. The PC board is a 4-layer design, with a single ground plane and a single power plane on the inner layers. The board contains connectors for external microphones and headers for PDM input and I2S output.
The ADAU7002 converts a stereo PDM bit stream into a PCM output. The source for the PDM data can be two microphones or other PDM sources. The PCM audio data is output on a serial audio interface port in either I2S or TDM format.
Key Applications: Mobile computing, Portable electronics, Consumer electronics.
- 64x decimation of a stereo pulse density modulation (PDM) bit stream to pulse code modulation (PCM) audio data
- Slave I2S or time division multiplexed (TDM) output interface
- Configurable TDM slots
- I/O supply operation: 1.62 V to 3.6 V
- 64x output sample rate PDM clock
- 64x/128x/192x/256x/384x/512x output sample rate BCLK
- Automatic BCLK ratio detection
- Output sample rate: 4 kHz to 96 kHz
- Automatic PDM CLK drive at 64x the sample rate
- Automatic power down with BCLK removal
- 0.67 mA operating current at 48 kHz and 1.8 V IOVDD supply
- Shutdown current: < 1 μA
- 8-ball, 1.56 mm x 0.76 mm, 0.4 mm pitch WLCSP
- Power-on reset
- ADAU7002 evaluation board (EVAL-ADAU7002Z)
- EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ (USBi) communications adapter
- USB cable with Mini-B plug
- UG-533 user guide