AD8302-EVALZ is a 4-layer, FR4-based printed circuit board. For normal operation, it requires a 5V/50 mA power supply. The 5V power supply should be connected to the vector pins leads labeled VP and GND. The two RF input signals are applied to two edge-mounted SMA type RF connectors (INPA and INPB). The gain and phase output signals are accessible via edge-mounted SMA connectors.
The AD8302 is a fully integrated RF IC for measuring amplitude and the phase between two independent input signals. The device can be used from low frequencies up to 2.7 GHz. It integrates two closely matched wideband logarithmic amplifiers, a wideband linear multiplier / phase detector, precision 1.8 V reference, and analog output scaling circuits. The applied input signal can range from -60 dBm to 0 dBm (ref 50 Ω), which corresponds to a 60 dB dynamic range.
The AD8302 output provides an accurate amplitude measurement over ±30 dB range scaled to 30 mV/dB and the phase measurement over a 0 to 180° range scaled to 10 mV/°. The device has been tested for use over the common Cellular bands (900 MHz, 1.8 GHz, 2.2 GHz) and specified for operation out to 2.7 GHz.
Key Applications: RF/IF PA Linearization, Precise RF Power Control, Remote System Monitoring and Diagnostics, Return Loss/VSWR Measurements, Log Ratio Function for AC Signals.
Features of AD8302
- Measures Gain/Loss and Phase up to 2.7 GHz
- Dual Demodulating Log Amps and Phase Detector
- Input Range –60 dBm to 0 dBm in a 50 System
- Accurate Gain Measurement Scaling (30 mV/dB)
- Typical Nonlinearity < 0.5 dB
- Accurate Phase Measurement Scaling (10 mV/Degree)
- Typical Nonlinearity < 1 Degree
- Measurement/Controller/Level Comparator Modes
- Operates from Supply Voltages of 2.7 V–5.5 V
- Stable 1.8 V Reference Voltage Output
- Small Signal Envelope Bandwidth from DC to 30 MHz
- AD8302-EVALZ Evaluation board