- On-board Rosenberger connectors for use with Leoni-Dacar cables (not included)
- Optional single ended coaxial connectors to work with coaxial cables
- Supports a variety of automotive mega-pixel camera systems over a two (2) wire serial stream
- Requires only a single 5V supply
- Power transfer over coax or power transfer over differential pair capability
- Enables high-speed video data transmission, with integrated low latency bi-directional control, over a single twisted pair cable
- Delivers 10/12 bits of parallel data, two SYNC bits and PCLK, with a bidirectional I2C bus control channel
- Four additional unidirectional general purpose (GPI and GPO) signal lines from the Deserializer to the Serializer
- Full-duplex communication and asymmetrical bi-directional control over a single high-speed differential pair, without video blanking intervals
- Transmit data at PCLK clocks speeds, ranging from 10 to 100 MHz
- I2C bus rates up to 400 kbps
The DS90UB913/914Q FPD-Link III evaluation kit contains one (1) DS90UB913Q Serializer board and one (1) DS90UB914Q Deserializer board. The boards are mounted with the Rosenberger connectors for connectivity using the Leoni-Dacar cables (not sent along with the kits). The boards also have the option of being populated with single ended coaxial cables. This mode is for evaluation purposes only.
The DS90UB913Q/914Q chipset supports a variety of automotive mega-pixel camera systems over a two (2) wire serial stream. The single differential pair (FPD-Link III) is well-suited for direct connections between an imager and Host Controller/Electronic Control Unit (ECU)/FPGA. The bidirectional control channel of the DS90UB913Q/914Q provides seamless communication between the ECU/FPGA and the imager module.
Transmission of a full-duplex high-speed video data (10/12 bits of parallel data, two SYNC bits and PCLK), with transparent bi-directional control channel (I2C) over the same serial video link. Additionally, there are four unidirectional general purpose (GPI and GPO) signal lines from the Deserializer to the Serializer. This interface allows transparent (no dependency of video blanking interval) ,full-duplex communication over a single high-speed differential pair. The Serializer and Deserializer communicate data at PCLK clocks speeds ranging from 10 to 100 MHz and I2C bus rates up to 400 kbps at up to 25 meters cable length over -40 to +105 Deg C.