Cypress Semiconductor has completed a hardware update to the Miniprog3 to address hardware issues seen with programming, ESD, and power management. The Miniprog3 revision, either *A or *B, is indicated using sticker on the back of the programmer. The following are a list of updates made to the Miniprog3 *B programmer.
Updated Hardware to Improve Power Cycle Programming:
The Miniprog3 hardware has been updated to better improve power cycle programming for all PSoC devices. It was discovered that the Miniprog3 *A programmer revision did not correctly implement the power cycle programming methodology. Due to this issue the Miniprog3 *A programmer could not correctly support power cycle programming for PSoC 3, PSoC 4 and PSoC 5LP devices. This specifically impacts customers who do not route out the XRES line to the programming connector or disable the optional XRES line on certain devices. The *B revision of the Miniprog3 will support power cycle programming for all PSoC 3, PSoC 4 and PSoC 5LP devices.
Over-current and Non-Polarized Connection Updates:
There are known electrical risks to the Miniprog3 *A revision that have been addressed with the *B update. To address the electrical issues the Miniprog3 *B programmer has added ESD over-current protection to the USB lines and has added electrical protection to the 5 and 10-pin connectors in case of a reverse polarity condition.
Improved Voltage Detection Capabilities:
The Miniprog3 *B programmer has been updated to improve the voltage detection capabilities. The Miniprog3 will measure the target voltage within an accuracy of 20 mV for a range of 1.8V – 5.0V.
The Miniprog3 *B programmer is supported on the latest release of PSoC Programmer. To download the latest release, please navigate to the PSoC Programmer web page:
- PSoC® MiniProg3 is an all-in-one programmer for PSoC 1, PSoC 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP
- A debug tool for PSoC 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP architectures
- A USB-I2C Bridge for debugging I2C serial connections and communicating with PSoC devices
- The MiniProg3 programmer/debugger provides the flexibility to work with different programming and
debugging interfaces, such as JTAG, SWD, ISSP, and I2C.
- MiniProg3 supports the following debugging protocols for 8-bit and 32-bit PSoC devices:
- SWD (PSoC 3, PSoC 4, PSoC 5LP)
- JTAG (PSoC 3, PSoC 5LP)
- I2C (limited PSoC 1 devices)
- The MiniProg3 debugger is supported by the software tools PSoC Creator and PSoC Designer.
- MiniProg3 programmer/debugger
- 10-pin ribbon cable
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quick start guide