The USB-UART LP Bridge Controller is the latest addition to Cypress’s family of Full-Speed USB Controllers. The CY7C65213 controller provides a single USB-to-UART channel, with industry’s lowest power consumption in stand-by mode (5 uA).
The CY7C65213 controller integrates Battery Charging Detection logic compliant to USB-IF Battery Charging specification ver. 1.2 (to detect the source of power on the USB port). The controller features up to 8 pins for GPIO and is available in 32-pin QFN package. The controller is USB-IF certified with TID# 40860041.
CY7C65213 is a fully integrated USB-to-UART bridge that provides a simple method to upgrade UART-based devices to USB with a minimal number of components. CY7C65213 includes a USB 2.0 Full-Speed controller, a UART transceiver, an internal regulator, an internal oscillator, and a 512-byte flash.
Key Applications: Portable medical devices (like blood-glucose meters), Point-of-sales terminals, Serial Cables (including USB-to-UART and RS232 cables) and many other applications requiring USB connectivity.
- USB 2.0-certified, full-speed (12 Mbps)
- Supports communication driver class (CDC), pe rsonal health care device class (PHDC), and vendor-specific drivers
- BCD compliant with USB Battery Charging Specif ication, Rev. 1.2 (Peripheral Detect only)
- Integrated USB termination resistors
- Single-channel configurable UART interface
- Data rates up to 3 Mbps
- 256 bytes for each transmit and receive buffer
- Data format:
- 7 to 8 data bits
- 1 to 2 stop bits
- No parity, even, odd, mark, or space parity
- Supports parity, overrun, and framing errors
- Supports flow control using Clear To Send (CTS), Request To Send (RTS), Data Terminal Ready (DTR), and Data Set Ready (DSR)
- CYUSBS232 RDK boar
- Quick start guide
- USB standard-A to micro-B cable
- Jumper wires
- CY7C65213-32LTXI sample silicon chips