The STM32 Nucleo board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller lines, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features. The Arduino connectivity support and ST Morpho headers make it easy to expand the functionality of the Nucleo open development platform with a wide choice of specialized shields. The STM32 Nucleo board does not require any separate probe as it integrates the ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer. The STM32 Nucleo board is provided with the STM32 comprehensive software HAL library together with various packaged software examples, as well as direct access to mbed online resources at mbed.org.
The STM32 Nucleo board series are based on ARM Cortex-M 32-bit RISC cores optimised for high performance and energy efficiency. ARM Cortex-M features a High density instruction set and a Nested Vectored Interrupt Controller (NVIC) providing excellent interrupt hadling abilities.
Key Applications: Application control and user interfaces, handheld equipment, A/V receivers and digital TV, PC peripherals, gaming platforms, e-bikes, consumer appliances, printers, scanners, alarm systems, video intercoms, and HVACs.
- STM32 microcontroller with LQFP64 package
- Two types of extension resources
- Arduino Uno Revision 3 connectivity
- STMicroelectronics Morpho extension pin headers for full access to all STM32 I/Os
- On-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer with SWD connector
- selection-mode switch to use the kit as a standalone ST-LINK/V2-1
- Flexible board power supply
- USB VBUS
- External VIN (7V<VIN<12V) supply voltage from Arduino connectors or ST Morpho connector
- External 5V (E5V) supply voltage from ST Morpho connector
- External 3.3V supply voltage from Arduino connector or ST Morpho connector
- Three LEDs
- USB communication (LD1), user LED (LD2), power LED (LD3)
- Two push buttons: USER and RESET
- USB re-enumeration capability: three different interfaces supported on USB
- Virtual Com port
- Mass storage
- Debug port
- Comprehensive free software HAL library including a variety of software examples
- Supported by wide choice of Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) including IAR, Keil, GCC-based IDEs
- STM32 Nucleo board