The CY3280-MBR3 CapSense MBR3 Evaluation Kit can be used to evaluate the 3rd generation of Cypress's industry-leading register configurable CapSense technology. The CapSense MBR3 Evaluation Kit provides to users the industry's best CapSense performance supporting CapSense buttons, proximity sensing, water tolerance and many more features.
The CY3280-MBR3 CapSense MBR3 Evaluation Kit provides users the industry’s best CapSense capabilities and the easiest development experience. The CapSense MBR3 devices are register configurable and require no firmware development to implement design features. The devices and the kit use the EZ-Click software tool to directly configure features. The CapSense MBR3 solution supports Cypress’s industry-leading SmartSense™ Auto-tuning technology, which reduces design effort by eliminating manual tuning due to variations in PCB, overlay, paint and manufacturing. The kit can be used to easily evaluate the advantages of SmartSense Auto-tuning.
The CapSense MBR3 solution features robust water tolerance capabilites, retaining CapSense functionality in the presence of water droplets,streaming water or mist. Included in each CY3280-MBR3 CapSense MBR3 Evaluation Kit is a dropper for users to place water onto the plastic overlays to examine and evaluate the water tolerance features of the CapSense MBR3 device.
The CY3280-MBR3 CapSense MBR3 Evaluation Kit supports the industry’s best proximity sensing capabilities. The kit board includes an onboard proximity loop that can detect a finger or hand presence. The CapSense MBR3 solution can detect a hand or finger presence up to 12 inches (30 cm) away.
The CY3280-MBR3 CapSense MBR3 Evaluation Kit works as a standalone kit as well as an Arduino-compatible shield. The kit can be used to easily add a capacitive-button user interface to your Arduino projects.
- CapSense MBR3 requires no firmware development
- EZ-Click GUI-based software tool configures devices without the need to write any code
- A CapSense algorithm that continuously compensates for system, manufacturing and environmental changes
- Eliminates the need for manual tuning during all product design phases
Robust Water Tolerance
- CapSense MBR3 works under water droplets, rain, mist and other liquids
- Ensures no false touches even under streaming water
Industry’s Best Capacitive Proximity Sensing
- Achieve up to 30cm in proximity sensing distance
- Implement advanced features like wake-on-approach to support ultra-low power applications
- Advanced sensing algorithms ensure reliable performance even in noisy environments
- Implement designs with Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) of > 100:1
- CY3280-MBR3 CapSense MBR3 Evaluation Kit board
- Water Dropper
- Additional 1mm Plastic Overlay
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide