The RN-XV-EK1 is an evaluation kit to support the RNXV series of modules for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth platforms. The board connects to a PC via a standard USB cable which is included in the kit, and provides 2 push button switches to control WPS mode and to reset the RN171XV module. The board has connectors to connect to the RNXV module, as well as headers that enables prototyping. It is compatible with all RNXV antenna options. The kit does not include any RNXV modules.
The RNXV modules have certified Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity which are helpful in replacing the existing systems with 802.15.4 modules. The RNXV modules are pre-loaded with firmware to simplify integration and minimize applications development time. The modules are based on the popular 2 x 10 (2mm) socket footprint often found in embedded applications.
The RN171XV module is a certified Wi-Fi solution especially designed for customers who want to migrate their existing 802.15.4 architecture to a standard TCP/IP based platform without having to redesign their existing hardware. The RN171XV module is based upon Microchip's robust RN171 Wi-Fi module and incorporates an 802.11 b/g radio, 32 bit processor, TCP/IP stack, real-time clock, crypto accelerator, power management unit and analog sensor interface. The RN171XV module supports infrastructure networking for worldwide internet access directly by every node and adhoc connectivity for fully connected point to point networks, unlike many 802.15.4 implementations that need extensive, custom application profiles and additional bridging products.
Key Applications: Industrial Metering, HVAC Control, Room Temperature sensors, Pump Configuration and control, Telemetry, PV/Solar Controllers, Robotics
- Supports ultra low-power FCC/CE/IC certified 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g RN171 module through RN171XV
- Supports low-power FCC/CE/IC certified 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.1 RN41/42 modules through RN41/42XV
- Supports several antenna options, depending on the RN171XV, RN41XV and RN42XV modules selected
- Powers up RN171XV, RN41XV and RN42XV modules
- Supports WPS (FN) push button for easy configuration of RN171XV module
- Reset (RST) push button wakes the RN171XV module
- Standard USB mini connector
- Hardware interface: USB via FTDI chip
- Brings the RNXV signals out on headers for easy debugging
- The evaluation board’s moisture sensitivity level (MSL) is 1
- Size - 1.58” x 1” x 0.25”
- Weight - Approx. 6.5 g
- RNXV Evaluation Board
- USB cable