The PIC32 VGA Camera Sensor (VCS) PICTail Plus (AC164150) is a demonstration board for evaluating basic surveillance and vision solutions using 32-bit microcontrollers. It can capture & process 8-bit gray scale or color images with up to 640x480 resolution. It interfaces to the I/O expansion board (DM320002) with PIC32 starter kits (DM320004 or DM320003-2), Graphics Controller PICTail Plus Epson S1D13517 Board (AC164127-7) and Graphics Display Truly 5.7” 640x480 Board (AC164127-8).
The VGA Camera Sensor PICtail Plus Daughter Board uses an OmniVision Technologies CameraCubeChip to receive digital video images. These images are then controlled by the microcontroller via I/O ports. Depending on the desired use, there are eight DATAx jumpers on the daughter board that can be used to switch between I/O lines. There is another jumper (J10) that can be used to switch between using an external clock source or the microcontroller as a clock source for the OmniVision Technologies CameraCubeChip.
Note: When using the PIC32 Ethernet Starter kit (DM320004), an external crystal needs to be attached to (Y1) on the board
- 640x480 VGA Color CMOS Sensor on our standard PICTail™ plus form factor
- Based on the Omnivision OVM7690 CameraCubeChipTM
- Convenient test points for video sync and clock sync
- Jumper configurable for display out or image transport over Ethernet
- Typical Applications include Image capture, Processing and Connectivity
- Demonstration Board