- RGB LED light engine with 150L light output
- Onboard LED Driver with 0-5A LED Driver
- Simultaneous RGB LED operation
- High speed pattern display with native DLP4500 resolution (912x1140)
- Up to 4225 Hz binary pattern rate
- Up to 120 Hz 8-bit grayscale pattern rate
- Image or video display up to WXGA resolution (1280x800)
- Two configurable I/O triggers with programmable polarity and rising & falling edge delay control
- 32MB flash memory for pattern storage
- USB, Mini HDMI, UART, FPD Link interfaces
- USB-based API and host GUI
- Compact size: 122mm x 115mm x 48mm
The DLP® LightCrafter™ 4500 development module provides a flexible light steering solution with high brightness and resolution for industrial, medical and scientific applications. DLP LightCrafter 4500 features the 0.45 WXGA chipset and offers a compelling combination of resolution, brightness, and programmability in a small form factor.
Developers can easily create, store, and display high-speed pattern sequences through DLP LightCrafter 4500’s USB-based application programming interface (API) and easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI). Two configurable input/output triggers allow for convenient synchronization with cameras, sensors, or other peripheral devices. The DLP LightCrafter 4500’s feature set makes it an ideal platform for powering industrial 3D machine vision scanners, medical imaging devices, spectrometers, and much more.
The DLP4500 digital micromirror device (DMD) is a digitally controlled MOEMS (micro-opto-electromechanical system) spatial light modulator (SLM). When coupled to an appropriate optical system, the DLP4500 can be used to modulate the amplitude and/or direction of incoming light. The DLP4500 creates light patterns with speed, precision, and efficiency.
Architecturally, the DLP4500 is a latchable, electrical-in/optical-out semiconductor device. This architecture makes the DLP4500 well suited for use in applications such as 3D scanning or metrology with structured light, augmented reality, microscopy, medical instruments, and spectroscopy. The compact physical size of the DLP4500 is well-suited for portable equipment where small form factor and lower cost are important. The compact package compliments the small size of LEDs to enable highly efficient, robust light engines.
Key Applications: Machine Vision, Industrial Inspection, 3D Scanning, 3D Optical Metrology, Automated Fingerprint Identification, Face Recognition, Augmented Reality, Interactive Display, Information Overlay, Spectroscopy , Chemical Analyzers, Medical Instruments, Photo-Stimulation, Virtual Gauges