The ADL5385-EVALZ is a fully populated, 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board. For normal operation, it requires a 5 V/300 mA power supply. The 5 V power supply should be connected to the clip leads labeled VPOS and GND. The LO and baseband inputs (which should be biased at 0.5 V) are applied to edge-mounted SMA-type RF connectors (labeled LO, IBBP, IBBN, QBBP, and QBBN). The ADL5385 output is available at the SMA connector labeled VOUT. DC voltage proportional to die temperature is available at the clip lead labeled TEMP.
The ADL5385 is a silicon, monolithic, quadrature modulator designed for use from 30 MHz to 2200 MHz. Its excellent phase accuracy and amplitude balance enable both high performance intermediate frequency (IF) and direct radio frequency (RF) modulation for communication systems.
The AD5385 takes the signals from two differential baseband inputs and modulates them onto two carriers in quadrature with each other. The two internal carriers are derived from a single-ended, external local oscillator input signal at twice the frequency as the desired carrier output. The two modulated signals are summed together in a differential-to-single-ended amplifier designed to drive 50 Ω loads.
- Radio-link infrastructure
- Cable modem termination systems
- UHF/VHF radio
- Wireless infrastructure systems
- Wireless local loop
- WiMAX/broadband wireless access systems
Key features of ADL5385:
- Output frequency range: 30 MHz to 2200 MHz
- 1 dB output compression: 11 dBm @ 350 MHz
- Noise floor: –159 dBm/Hz @ 350 MHz
- Sideband suppression: −50 dBc @ 350 MHz
- Carrier feedthrough: −46 dBm @ 350 MHz
- Single supply: 4.75 V to 5.5 V
- 24-lead, Pb-free LFCSP_VQ with exposed paddle
- Evaluation Board