The High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer's Kit provides and easy, open source way to evaluate the Piccolo or Delfino microcontroller and TI analog in a high voltage environment. A single MCU controls the power factor correction(PFC) stage and the motor control stage. The PFC takes a line level AC input (~110 to ~240VAC) and outputs up to 750 watts of power, regulated by closed loop control. The motor driver stage can be driven from either the PFC or from a separate power stage and accepts up to 400V and outputs up to 1.5 kilo-watt of power. The motor driver stage can drive the most common types of three phase motors; AC induction, brushless DC, and permanent magnet synchronous motors. The microcontroller controls each type of motor using closed loop control (Trapezoidal, V/F, or FOC) using sensored and sensorless back-emf techniques.
Note: This equipment operates at high voltages and currents which can result in hazardous electrical shock.
- White Goods
- Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPSs)
- DC-DC Multiple-Output Power Supplies
- Solar Micro Inverters and Converters
- LED Lighting
- Power Factor Correction
- Sewing and Textile Machines
- Support for three brushless motor types, AC Induction, Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor, Brushless DC Motor
- Can be used by both Piccolo and Delfino F2833x devices
- 1.5 KiloWatt motor driver stage
- 750W power factor correction stage
- Full source software for power factor correction stage
- Full source software for control of all three motor types
- Library based software for latest software observer and high frequency injection initial position detection techniques
- Piccolo F28035 and Delfino F28335 controlCARD
- Full source hardware, including schematics, BOM, and gerber files
- Motors of each type available directly from TI.
- F28035 controlCARD
- High Voltage DMC board with slot for the controlCARD
- 15V DC Power Supply
- AC power Cord, Banana Plug Cord, USB Cable
- CCS4 CD & USB Stick with Quick Start GUI and Guide