- Interface the TC1047A
- Firmware that uses PIC16F676 to measure and display temperature in degree Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Small PCB layout
- Standard 100 mil 14-pin header (P1) for easy interface to PICkit™ 1 Flash Starter Kit or custom application
The TC1047A Temperature to Voltage Converter PICtail Demo Board demonstrates how to interface the TC1047A Temperature to Voltage Sensor device to a microcontroller. This board can connect directly to the PICkit 1 Flash Starter Kit, providing a platform for code development and evaluation. The system designer will be able to use this design as an example of how to integrate an analog temperature sensor in their system.
The TC1047 and TC1047A are linear voltage output temperature sensors whose output voltage is directly proportional to the measured temperature. The TC1047 and TC1047A can accurately measure temperature from -40°C to +125°C. With the TC1047, the supply voltage can vary between 2.7V and 4.4V. The power supply range of the TC1047A is from 2.5V to 5.5V.
A PIC16F676 14-pin Flash-based 8-bit CMOS microcontoller device is included with the Demo Board that can be used with PICkit 1 Flash Starter Kit, along with firmware that provides the interface to the TC1047A and the voltage-to-temperature conversion routines.
The TC1047A Temperature-to-Voltage Converter PICtail™ Demo Board can also be used as a “stand-alone” module to quickly add thermal sensing capablity to any existing application. This basic sensor functionality is implemented on a small Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and an interface via a standard 100 mil header.
Key Applications: Cellular Phones, Power Supply Thermal Shutdown, Temperature-Controlled Fans, Temperature Measurement/Instrumentation, Temperature Regulators, Consumer Electronics, Portable Battery-Powered Equipment.
- Demo Board
- PIC16F676 14-pin Flash-based 8-bit CMOS Microcontroller
- TC1047A Temperature-to-Voltage Converter PICtail™ Demo Board User’s Guide (DS51483)
- AN938, “Interfacing a TC1047A Analog Output Temperature Sensor to a PICmicro Microcontroller”, DS00938 TC1047A Temperature-to-Voltage Converter PICtail™ Demo Board User’s Guide (DS51483)