This evaluation module features a PGA-450-Q1 device which is a system on Chip (SOC) sensor interface IC for automotive ultrasonic sensors. It provides all signal conditioning and processing for the transducer echo signals and for calculating the distance between the transducer and objects. MCU and program memory allow for full configurability for the specific end application.
The PGA450-Q1 is a fully integrated interface device for ultrasonic transducers used in automotive park distance or object detection applications. It incorporates these system blocks: voltage regulators, a 12-bit SAR ADC, an 8-bit microcontroller, a digital band-pass filter, a DAC, dual NMOS low-side drivers, a low-noise amplifier, an oscillator, and a LIN 2.1 physical interface and protocol for interfacing.
- Automotive Park Distance
- Blind Spot Detection
- Object Detection Applications
- Flexibility in transducer selection (40 kHz – 70 kHz)
- SoC that is highly programmable with integrated 8051 core
- Integrated LIN2.1 master transceiver
- Can be directly connected to car battery, no wide input range LDO required
- Load dump protection
- AEC Q-100
- Evaluation Module