Features of USB3503:
- Integrated USB 2.0-compatible 3-port hub
- HSIC upstream port
- Advanced power saving features including 1μA standby current
- USB-IF BC 1.1 detection
- Supports Single-TT or Multi-TT configurations for Full and Low-Speed connections
- Enhanced configuration options available through serial I2C slave port
- Internal default configuration option when serial I2C host is not available
- Incorporates proprietary Microchip technologies: MultiTRAK™, PortMap, PortSwap, PHYBoost, VariSense™ and flexPWR®
- External 12, 19.2, 24, 25, 26, 27, 38.4 or 52MHz clock inputs
- Internal 3.3V and 1.2V voltage regulators for single supply operation
- USB Port ESD Protection (DP/DM) up to ±15kV (IEC 61000-4-2)
- Commercial (0° to 70°C) and industrial (-40° to 85°C) temperature range options
The EVB-USB3503 is a fully functioning stand-alone USB hub designed for evaluation of the Microchip USB3503 USB 2.0 HSIC high-speed hub controller. This tool also provides access to the USB3503s HSIC upstream port, three USB 2.0 downstream ports and I2C interface. Included evaluation software allows the user to configure and monitor the EVB-USB3503 when used with a Total Phase Aardvark adapter (not included). This tool is the ideal solution for early USB3503 system integration and software development.
SMSC also has evaluation software that can be us ed with the USB3503 EVB connected to a Total Phase Aardvark adaptor. This software allows the user to configure the USB3503 in different ways before enumeration as well as monitor and manipulate select status registers during enumeration. The software can be used to prototype microprocessor software, evaluate the different configurations, and test how the desired configuration fits into the entire system.
Applications: Mobile Phones, Tablet Computers, Ultra-mobile PCs, e-Readers, Digital Still Cameras, Digital Video Camcorders, Gaming Consoles, PDAs, Portable Media Players, GPS Personal Navigation Devices, Media Players/Viewers